4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Anyone had success getting this working? I am getting an error when trying to register. I don't need to pay for Apple News do I? It says the podcasts are free…..

On top of the aggravation trying to launch, i am getting PCM Notifications frequently reminding me to register. I knew my car was a tease but this is getting ridiculous.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Anyone had success getting this working? I am getting an error when trying to register. I don't need to pay for Apple News do I? It says the podcasts are free…..

On top of the aggravation trying to launch, i am getting PCM Notifications frequently reminding me to register. I knew my car was a tease but this is getting ridiculous.
Works no problem in my experience.

Have you checked the status of your Apple subscription on My Porsche website where both Apple Music and Podcasts are listed?

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Have you checked the status of your Apple subscription on My Porsche website where both Apple Music and Podcasts are listed?
no! but will now!

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

found and fixed it! Thanks so much.

I see bunch of other "connectivity options" which I'll have to study another day. Hard to believe this can get any better!

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

So I did get all that dialed in on MyPorsche site but still getting this error message. Any other ideas? Am I missing anything of value? Thanks….

Porsche Taycan How to launch Apple podcasts?  My system not showing QR code IMG_6478

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
So I did get all that dialed in on MyPorsche site but still getting this error message. Any other ideas? Am I missing anything of value? Thanks….

IMG_6478.jpeg
Contact Porsche via messaging or call them.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag

IMG_6478.jpeg
If you have linked your account once for Apple Music and this worked then all you need to do was to tick Apple Podcasts and no QR code needed from memory. The app(s) should simply appear in Media.

If you didn't have Apple Music enabled before this started then I'd suggest unlinking and start over.

Shouldn't need dealer intervention.

Make sure you have a good LTE signal when setting up.

OP
OP
4thPcar

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you have linked your account once for Apple Music and this worked then all you need to do was to tick Apple Podcasts and no QR code needed from memory. The app(s) should simply appear in Media.

If you didn't have Apple Music enabled before this started then I'd suggest unlinking and start over.

Shouldn't need dealer intervention.

Make sure you have a good LTE signal when setting up.
I think my disconnect is that I did not realize I need to subscribe to Apple Music. The message said "free podcasts" and I took that literally. I don't want to subscribe to Apple Music. Nothing against the service but I already pay for Spotify Premium and love the service. In the car I am listening to either Spotify or NPR (which is our "National Public Radio," ie 24 hour news in a podcast-like format).

So I guess I'll pass on the Apple podcasts for now, but thanks for the direction!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think my disconnect is that I did not realize I need to subscribe to Apple Music. The message said "free podcasts" and I took that literally. I don't want to subscribe to Apple Music. Nothing against the service but I already pay for Spotify Premium and love the service. In the car I am listening to either Spotify or NPR (which is our "National Public Radio," ie 24 hour news in a podcast-like format).

So I guess I'll pass on the Apple podcasts for now, but thanks for the direction!
You should get a free period to try it out.

I just used my existing Apple Family membership to link. Barely use it.
Sponsored