How to load different settings for each user?

appov

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo MY21
Country flag
Hi everyone,

we are using our tycan turbo in twos. We have completely different seat, wheel and mirrors settings and have saved them on memory positions 1 and 2. Is there a way to make tycan load one of the them automatically, depending on who is entering/unclocking the car? On our BMW this settings were saved on a key and as soon as a car was unlocked, it loaded the profile of the key the unlocked it.

We've tryed unlocking taycan with each key but nothing happens (you can't even press the button 1 or 3 and let the car do the rest - you have to press and hold it until everything is in position).

Does anyone have a solution for this "issue"? Thank you!
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you have two different users? The way it's supposed to work is each key stores the username of the last logged-in user, and the settings for that user are stored in the cloud (and some of them are also stored in the car - not sure which settings are stored in the car). So you each would have a different username and use a different key fob.

OP
OP
appov

appov

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you have two different users? The way it's supposed to work is each key stores the username of the last logged-in user, and the settings for that user are stored in the cloud (and some of them are also stored in the car - not sure which settings are stored in the car). So you each would have a different username and use a different key fob.
Not yet. One user was set up by Porsche prior to delivery and yesterday we've applied for a second account (if an account is not set up by Porsche they require users to upload a proof of ownership) and are still waiting for it to be approved. This was our original idea too, but the tech guy at Porsche told us, that the change between Accounts is a long process. We didn't want to have to spend 5 minutes each time we enter the car :/

We were just wondering if someone had another workaround or an idea.

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The primary account holder can set up secondary users. I think all that is needed for that secondary user is to have an active Porsche ID - there doesn't need to be a vehicle on the second user's account. From the My Vehicles tab on the primary user's Porsche ID scroll down and you will see a graphic to add a secondary user. I would be worried that by applying to associate your VIN to a different user, that user will become the primary for that VIN. I'm not sure but it may be that a VIN can only be associated with one primary user.

OP
OP
appov

appov

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The primary account holder can set up secondary users. I think all that is needed for that secondary user is to have an active Porsche ID - there doesn't need to be a vehicle on the second user's account. From the My Vehicles tab on the primary user's Porsche ID scroll down and you will see a graphic to add a secondary user. I would be worried that by applying to associate your VIN to a different user, that user will become the primary for that VIN. I'm not sure but it may be that a VIN can only be associated with one primary user.
Yes, you are right about this. I was at Porsche today and they told me the same. I've added a second user from my MyPosche account. Now we just need to test assigning of different key fobs to different users (and hopefully Taycan loading settings automatically :)

I'll write the results soon.
Sponsored