NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
1920 x 720 would make sense from a manufacturing perspective - but are common dimensions though not necessarily at the same time.

Next interesting test would be the decoded surround modes supported. While I have no expectation the PCM would support multi-channel audio, it does have a surround mode so maybe pro-logic down-mix to two channels would at least give some surround effect.
Sponsored

cd77

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S ST MY24 (since Nov 23)
Country flag
Also tried it on the weekend. Worked perfectly with videos converted to MP4 with 720 vertical resolution through Handbrake.

thanks for that great advice to everyone involved!

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
I just bought MMB carplay, this is seen from taycan like an apple carplay device and permit to see everything from it, netflix, youtube etc... while you are driving too.... i will make a video when i recieve it. Seems it work on 2020 and 2021 model year.
Stay tuned

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I will recieve this week
I have received the Universal MMB box and it doesn't work on the Taycan MY2021...
I have tested it on a VW Polo and it works, but it is very slow...
email sent to the support...

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S Diesel, Taycan 4s+, 996 C2 Coupe
Country flag
I have received the Universal MMB box and it doesn't work on the Taycan MY2021...
I have tested it on a VW Polo and it works, but it is very slow...
email sent to the support...
Is that the grey box or green box?

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I installed the UBISHENG box (see picture below). I would say I'm about 75% satisfied with it. The video in motion depends a lot on the data speed of my hotspot. For movies on Amazon Prime Video, it buffers periodically. For videos like music concerts on Youtube, no buffering even in motion.

I ordered the MMB box to see if it works better and if I can screen cast from my Samsung phone. The MMB website seems to indicate that the Green version is for Porsche. However, the description on Amazon indicates that the 2021 Grey version is universal. The MMB is scheduled to arrive by March 10th.

Porsche Taycan How to play VIDEOS in the Taycan's PCM Screen Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 12.37.53 PM
Porsche Taycan How to play VIDEOS in the Taycan's PCM Screen Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 12.37.03 PM

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The grey one...

IMG_0321.jpg
Thanks for confirming that.
The grey one...

IMG_0321.jpg
Thanks for confirming that. The reason it does not work may be down to the fact that that version is not the one that works with Porsches. The video at the end of this link suggests that the green one is the one designed to work with Porsches. I have one on order so will see if I run into problems!

jmi91

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS5 Convertible, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thanks for confirming that. The reason it does not work may be down to the fact that that version is not the one that works with Porsches. The video at the end of this link suggests that the green one is the one designed to work with Porsches. I have one on order so will see if I run into problems!
I contacted CarPlayMMB before ordering and they said that the Universal MMB (grey model) would work with all car manufacturers...

Also, you can read that on https://www.carplaymmb.com/products/mmb-android-carplay-ai-box?variant=37446223462568:

I have contacted their support... We will see...

Porsche Taycan How to play VIDEOS in the Taycan's PCM Screen Capture d’écran 2021-03-01 à 19.58.02

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Xsquid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will let you know how I get on with the green box - should be Tuesday or Wednesday. Please let us know what Joyeauto come back with.
Hi JMI91 -well the device arrived. I plugged it in and it flashed green for about 15s and then pulsated green but no screen appears - Will see what support has to say and report back.
Sponsored