da2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
just want to let a quick notice here: received my MY21 and the MMB Box worked aswell here.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I’m getting pretty nice wide screens with movies ripped from DVD‘s using 720p output settings in Handbrake.
6030B612-16DD-4851-AF3D-368754D0E180.jpeg
I love forbidden planet! Hello Naples neighbor. :fist bump::)

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
There is a new version of the MMB Android Carplay box. It is now on Android 9.0 and has some additional features.

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - Tesla model X
Country flag
I've posted it earlier in this thread. Using an old iphone and it works 100% of the time. Can use any app I want or just use safari browser to stream. You guys should think about it. An old iphone 6 oder 7 might come out cheaper than the box.
Hey there, did you have to jailbreak your old iPhone for this to work? Do you have any video of it working?

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey there, did you have to jailbreak your old iPhone for this to work? Do you have any video of it working?
Hi Championi
So yes you jailbreak the old iPhone or your main iPhone (I use an old one to be safe), then go and buy an app called Carbridge. That app then lets you use any app you like on your PCM screen. Only Netflix does not work due to DRM security stuff.

I will try and find the YouTube video where they explain the steps.

I attached a video of watching live TV while the car is moving. Please don’t judge me ?

Attachments

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Championi
So yes you jailbreak the old iPhone or your main iPhone (I use an old one to be safe), then go and buy an app called Carbridge. That app then lets you use any app you like on your PCM screen. Only Netflix does not work due to DRM security stuff.

I will try and find the YouTube video where they explain the steps.

I attached a video of watching live TV while the car is moving. Please don’t judge me ?
Thanks so much for that. Although I couldn’t watch the video you posted, I get that it works.
All good though. Can you watch Netflix through Safari?

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks so much for that. Although I couldn’t watch the video you posted, I get that it works.
All good though. Can you watch Netflix through Safari?
I got it working!
A little buggy, but workable.
Only drama when you use a spare phone, you can’t keep your regular phone connected for hands free to make and receive calls

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I got it working!
A little buggy, but workable.
Only drama when you use a spare phone, you can’t keep your regular phone connected for hands free to make and receive calls
What I do is connect the old iphone through the cable and leave it in the center console. Then just use bluetooth to connect my regular phone to the car.

Glad it worked for you. I like that ANY app works besides netflix (netflix on safari won't work either). Streaming movies from certain websites is legal here so I just use those.

Don't forget to install an adblocker for Safari. Makes your life much easier!

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What I do is connect the old iphone through the cable and leave it in the center console. Then just use bluetooth to connect my regular phone to the car.

Glad it worked for you. I like that ANY app works besides netflix (netflix on safari won't work either). Streaming movies from certain websites is legal here so I just use those.

Don't forget to install an adblocker for Safari. Makes your life much easier!
Perfect!
Thank you I will try that. Didn’t get much of a chance to experiment with it. Will try again tomorrow. It was painful jailbreaking my old iPhone as it was on iOS 14.6.

It would be great if Apple play worked on the passenger display. Hopefully something down the track. I’ll install an ad blocker. Any recommendations for that?

Thanks in advance.

Championi

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I can’t seem to do this every time I select my phone it won’t let me connect to Bluetooth until I disconnect my jailbreak phone from CarPlay

Porsche Taycan How to play VIDEOS in the Taycan's PCM Screen ADB6873A-1C74-4613-A668-81DB9999368A
Sponsored