jojoc123

First Name
JoJo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLS 450, 2018 Tesla Model S 100D
Country flag
Hey, so I'm a new Taycan owner, I also have a Tesla Model S.

First I must say, as a car, and the way it drives, it should come as no surprise the Porsche is much much better driving machine!

So far in the 2 months that I've had the car, I've ran into PCM buggy issues on 2 separate occasions.

last month I started the car, and it wouldn't register that my seat belt was buckled in, it was beeping asking for the Occupant to put seat belt in, I unbuckled it in and out a few times, and even parked the car, turned the car off and on, and buckled all the seatbelts all over the car, this did not solve the issue of the seat belt beeping, eventually the beeping stopped but the error persisted.
I emailed my sales agent, asking how to reset the PCM he said the only way to do so was to turn the car off, lock it, and remove the key, and it will automatically reset after 45 minutes. obviously this is not an ideal situation to wait 45 minutes. The next time I used the car it worked properly.

Today, my PCM screen would not work at all just the blue circle circling around for the entirety of my 45 minute commute, with no access to my PCM. I tried turning the car off and on, that didn't help. I've attached a picture of it.

Every car has software bugs that's understandable, but there has to be a way to restart the computer system. on the Tesla I just had to hold down 2 buttons on the steering wheel for 6 seconds and it restarted. Does this Taycan have a way to restart the computer system aside from turning the car off and locking the doors for 45 minutes!

I would love any advice I can get in this matter.

if this happens to anyone else and u need to use the screen temporarily, I found a quick fix that works for about 30 seconds.
Start the park assist from the lower screen, then don't X it out because that will go right back to the spinning circle, just press the settings button from there and then the home button. it will work for about 30 seconds and then u will get the spinning circle again.

Porsche Taycan How to Restart The PCM? mail
Sponsored