How to stop auto seat adjustment on unlocking

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Every time I unlock the car is moves the seat into a very awkward tilted forward position. I have turned off comfort access so it's not that and I have tried using both keys and it is the same. I'm assuming the position is connected to the Porsche connect account, but I do not have a login yet so I am using the guest account and it asks me to login each time I get in the car (I had to upload bill of sale and registration as proof of ownership and wait until Porsche adds it to my "My Porsche" account). I have also saved my preferred seat position to all three memory slots and it still adjusts it to this uncomfortable position every time I unlock it. Any ideas other than waiting? The Porsche Connect rep I spoke to said the time to add is normally 48 hours but is now unknown because of covid.
Sponsored

Pouria

First Name
Pouria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CT4S, had Taycan 4S 2020.
Country flag
Hmm, try to set things as you want it and the save that profile to your key. That solved it for me on a Panamera. It's probably just your key that is associated to a "default" setting of the seat.

Hopes this helps.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
Every time I unlock the car is moves the seat into a very awkward tilted forward position. I have turned off comfort access so it's not that and I have tried using both keys and it is the same. I'm assuming the position is connected to the Porsche connect account, but I do not have a login yet so I am using the guest account and it asks me to login each time I get in the car (I had to upload bill of sale and registration as proof of ownership and wait until Porsche adds it to my "My Porsche" account). I have also saved my preferred seat position to all three memory slots and it still adjusts it to this uncomfortable position every time I unlock it. Any ideas other than waiting? The Porsche Connect rep I spoke to said the time to add is normally 48 hours but is now unknown because of covid.
Your post made me chuckle. I had the same problem when I first picked up my Taycan. The SA associate also warned me able the crazy position set by the factory. I don't know if it had anything to do with Porsche Connect. The comfort access setting won't affect the ackward tilt of the seat that you are experiencing. First thing is don't have both keys in the car when you try to set the memory settings. In addition to setting the memory buttons, if I recall there is a menu choice that gives you the option set have settings associated with a particular key, Also I powered off the car with the power button and locked the car with the key FOB instead of using the sensor on the door handle. It took a few tries, but now everything works (including with the sensor on the door handle).

OP
OP
TaycanNJ

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Your post made me chuckle. I had the same problem when I first picked up my Taycan. The SA associate also warned me able the crazy position set by the factory. I don't know if it had anything to do with Porsche Connect. The comfort access setting won't affect the ackward tilt of the seat that you are experiencing. First thing is don't have both keys in the car when you try to set the memory settings. In addition to setting the memory buttons, if I recall there is a menu choice that gives you the option set have settings associated with a particular key, Also I powered off the car with the power button and locked the car with the key FOB instead of using the sensor on the door handle. It took a few tries, but now everything works (including with the sensor on the door handle).
Interesting!! Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it out asap. The car is out for a few days getting xpel protection and window tint. I'll let you know when I get it back and try.

OP
OP
TaycanNJ

TaycanNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can’t find anything in the setting about this. I tried locking with the key fob a bunch of times last night and I can’t get it to change. As soon as I unlock and open the door the seat moves. I even turned off comfort access to see if that does anything. I’m guessing it must be the porsche connect profile.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
I can’t find anything in the setting about this. I tried locking with the key fob a bunch of times last night and I can’t get it to change. As soon as I unlock and open the door the seat moves. I even turned off comfort access to see if that does anything. I’m guessing it must be the porsche connect profile.
Sorry for the confusion. You are correct after you set up your Porsche Connect account, you will need use your Porsche ID to set up a personal profile in the car via the PCM. In the Porsche Good to Know app there is a section called Personal settings. In addition to the memory buttons located on the driver's door, you set up a personal account via the PCM that remembers a number of settings that you can associate with your key. If you don't set up the personal account, the key probably remains associated with the crazy factory seat setting that you are experiencing.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I had the problem too and was very angry about it. Who made that design choice? In any case, after being able to hook up Porsche connect etc it went away, as others said.
Sponsored