EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Any tips on how to store the Taycan for a few months so the batteries don’t die?

2022 taycan RWD storing in a hot climate for 6-7 months inside the garage.
Can I just plug in and leave it? Or do I need to hook up the 12volt to a charger as well?

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
(Asking for my parents)
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Any tips on how to store the Taycan for a few months so the batteries don’t die?

2022 taycan RWD storing in a hot climate for 6-7 months inside the garage.
Can I just plug in and leave it? Or do I need to hook up the 12volt to a charger as well?

any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.
(Asking for my parents)
you could use a trickle charger, be sure it is the proper one for the battery and then keep it plugged in. you may also want to consider using jack stands. I've only gone a few weeks and I didn't need to trickle charge.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
you could use a trickle charger, be sure it is the proper one for the battery and then keep it plugged in. you may also want to consider using jack stands. I've only gone a few weeks and I didn't need to trickle charge.
Is jack stands a good idea? I know for coil springs it’s not recommended, not sure about with air suspension? Might want to look at tire cushions instead.

some other threads on here talk about a trickle charge on the 12v - but it appears it’s not the same trickle charger you might use on an ICE.

OP
OP
EvFamily

EvFamily

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, dodge Ram
Country flag
Porsche Technical Bulletin. This has been posted several times.
Hmm but that info is only for up to a 2021. Do you think it’s the same for 2022 models?
Sponsored