How to tell when regenerative braking working?

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
when can I know that im using Regenerative braking? is it before the green BAR in the PowerMeter reaches the max? then the mechanical brake will be active?
and can the driver feel the switch?
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
green bar on the main dash is a pretty good indication - but I don't know that porsche "promises" that's a complete picture - the Porsche braking system are free to mix friction braking in with regen at any time they deem "fit"…

since I've owned the vehicle starting in July 2020 - and including track driving - the blending is pretty seamless - and only occasionally do I feel that I can tell when there is friction being "added" to my "regen"…

however without access to the internal data channels - one can never really know if one's perceptions are accurate…

I am fairly confident however than when I've maxed the "green bar" and continue to apply pressure and get additional deceleration the _ONLY_ place that additional deceleration could be coming from is the friction brakes…however that situation rarely comes up in normal use…

OP
OP
sulaiman

sulaiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
green bar on the main dash is a pretty good indication - but I don't know that porsche "promises" that's a complete picture - the Porsche braking system are free to mix friction braking in with regen at any time they deem "fit"…

since I've owned the vehicle starting in July 2020 - and including track driving - the blending is pretty seamless - and only occasionally do I feel that I can tell when there is friction being "added" to my "regen"…

however without access to the internal data channels - one can never really know if one's perceptions are accurate…

I am fairly confident however than when I've maxed the "green bar" and continue to apply pressure and get additional deceleration the _ONLY_ place that additional deceleration could be coming from is the friction brakes…however that situation rarely comes up in normal use…
im "Drive it like you stole it" so, maybe in a few weeks I wanna check the brake pad %

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
regen is pretty strong - you have to get some serious speed and some hard hard hard braking to overwhelm the regen systems…
Sponsored