How to Turn off the Headlights? Weird...

Razor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1 Series F20, BMW X3 G01, Taycan RWD
Country flag
This might seem a weird question but:
How do you turn off the headlights?
Sometimes it's around sunset and the headlights come on automatically, it's still not dark outside for them to turn on and I'd like to keep the signature daytime running lights ON instead (they look good).
In the manual it says the following:
"The green lighting of the button (AUTO) goes out. All exterior lights remain switched off completely until a speed of 10 km/h or a driven distance of 100 m has been exceeded."
Is there any way to force them off even when driving above 10 km/h?

PS: In all BMWs that I owned I always had a choice to turn off automatic headlights and keep the daytime running lights on....
Sponsored

Marirstaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RWD Taycan
Country flag
I have not tried, but read somewhere that if you press and hold the top most (Parking lights) icon, then the headlights can be manually off.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This might seem a weird question but:
How do you turn off the headlights?
Sometimes it's around sunset and the headlights come on automatically, it's still not dark outside for them to turn on and I'd like to keep the signature daytime running lights ON instead (they look good).
In the manual it says the following:
"The green lighting of the button (AUTO) goes out. All exterior lights remain switched off completely until a speed of 10 km/h or a driven distance of 100 m has been exceeded."
Is there any way to force them off even when driving above 10 km/h?

PS: In all BMWs that I owned I always had a choice to turn off automatic headlights and keep the daytime running lights on....
You can't.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
We took the car to drive through Christmas lights at a park tonight. The cars are all supposed to turn off their headlights. Well, ours kept turning back on from the distance.

This is the first car where I couldn’t just turn the headlights off (and leave them off).

Is this where we’re going? People are too stupid to operate their own lights?

To be fair, there was a Rivian in front of us with people on the bed with the tailgate down, so maybe the car just wanted to make sure we saw them in case one fell out on the steeper hills. 🤷‍♂️