How to turn OFF the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM)?

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I did a 1400 mile road trip over the last 3 days. Specifically to get a feel for the planning and execution of a long distance trip and all the associated charging requirements on the open road.

I have a question...

Anyone know how to turn off the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager? I'm tired of continually getting Nav System interruptions with really STUPID options... All I can find is an enable/disable for the "Charging Planner". I don't want to turn that off as calculates charging times at designated stops. What I want to turn off is the annoying, useless, and counter productive PIRM component. I have not found a way to do that within the Nav system or the vehicle settings...

Anyone know how to do that?
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I did a 1400 mile road trip over the last 3 days. Specifically to get a feel for the planning and execution of a long distance trip and all the associated charging requirements on the open road.

I have a question...

Anyone know how to turn off the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager? I'm tired of continually getting Nav System interruptions with really STUPID options... All I can find is an enable/disable for the "Charging Planner". I don't want to turn that off as calculates charging times at designated stops. What I want to turn off is the annoying, useless, and counter productive PIRM component. I have not found a way to do that within the Nav system or the vehicle settings...

Anyone know how to do that?
I do not have that option thankfully.

Since that option is available as a FOD on a short term Subscription, I would think that you could ask Porsche or the dealer to simply switch it off by SW? I have heard few here that had some features activated in their cars that they did not buy. Then when the SW upgrade , update, was done they lost these features and we’re surprised. So the dealer might well be able to help you.

OP
OP
evanevery

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I do not have that option thankfully.

Since that option is available as a FOD on a short term Subscription, I would think that you could ask Porsche or the dealer to simply switch it off by SW? I have heard few here that had some features activated in their cars that they did not buy. Then when the SW upgrade , update, was done they lost these features and we’re surprised. So the dealer might well be able to help you.
I was hoping that wouldn't be required. I paid $300 for that option and now I can't turn it off. Really, no "off" or "disable" button? (Like the "Charging Manager").

More stupid software design from Porsche... I expect they will want $300 every time I turn it on :mad: ...
Sponsored