How to visually find out if "uPdate" was applied to 22 Taycan

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
When you took delivery? And have you been to dealer after that?
Took delivery mid June. Haven’t been to the dealer since. No OTA updates have been pushed aside from a few map updates and a legal update.
Sponsored

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX, Porsche Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Took delivery mid June. Haven’t been to the dealer since. No OTA updates have been pushed aside from a few map updates and a legal update.
So then I’m confused. Somebody mentioned above that latest should be 3793 and you have that, but Porsche announced uPdate later then June. In this case it can be that they somehow loaded update to car from factory before announcing it publicly or 3793 is not latest

outie

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, McLaren 720S Spider, Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am confused as well. I have a April built 2022 GTS delivered in June. It came with 3793, but I just received the letter about a free update applicable for my 2022 with software that was designed for MY23.

OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am confused as well. I have a April built 2022 GTS delivered in June. It came with 3793, but I just received the letter about a free update applicable for my 2022 with software that was designed for MY23.
I’m even in trickier situation, car is currently at dealer(arrives few days ago) and I also received letter. But because it is regular mail it of course took some time to deliver it. I explicitly asked dealer to apply updates and they say they did during PDI, but I don’t fully trust them, based on experience, that’s why asked this question how to verify it myself.

Kaytan

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
My MY22 completed production on July 9 and is currently somewhere on the Atlantic ocean en route to the US West Coast - and I got the same letter this week, asking me to call my dealer to schedule the software update :). Part of me thinks they sent out the letter to every MY22 owner regardless of current release.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I’m even in trickier situation, car is currently at dealer(arrives few days ago) and I also received letter. But because it is regular mail it of course took some time to deliver it. I explicitly asked dealer to apply updates and they say they did during PDI, but I don’t fully trust them, based on experience, that’s why asked this question how to verify it myself.
You may be in the best position to sort this out for us. The dealer should apply the updates prior to delivery. If there are none, then perhaps 3793* is the most recent.

I do think that there may be many other control modules that may be subject update, whereas the PCM screen only shows PCM software.

Last edited:
OP
OP

PetroK

First Name
Petro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You may be in the best position to sort this out for us. The dealer should apply the updates prior to delivery. If there are none, then perhaps 3973 is the most recent.

I do think that there may be many other control modules that may be subject update, whereas the PCM screen only shows PCM software.
Makes sense. I though may that 4wd efficiency flow indicator is new for this uPdate, I’ve briefly seen that mentioned on forum, but not sure if it was previously present as well. Ah and dealer should, unfortunately not always translates to done :)

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
The “awd display” was previously present in 3793* on the vehicle trip screen (center display). And absent from the left-most instrument cluster tube. My car has had this setup since delivery on June 10th.
Sponsored

Last edited: