How trustworthy is Porsche Innodrive with ALK?

JimBoBel

First Name
Jean-Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, directly from the Porsche portal and I got to my car less than an hour later and it was there, up and running.
Sponsored

Pll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
FoD only works after the update that currently is rolled out manually right? I don’t see any options on the connect Store yet.

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
ALK is "acceptable" (not good) on highways. I use it quite often when boring drives with the family.
I'm 100% sure it can and will be improved programmatically during the years.

The thing that bugs me is that it "pops out" of ALK without notice. I'd venture to say it is a hazard. A slight "buzz" on the steering wheel when disengaging an active ALK would notify the driver that something has changed.

For me, ALK (and therefore PID) is worth it, but I can see the reason for not opting to have it.
ACC is a must, as you get all the hardware to potentially upgrade at a later stage (better resale value as well, I would imagine!)

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Thank you guys for the input, but I’m definitely interested only in the car’s ability to distance itself from the car in front of it. At this point, active lane keep sounds fairly useless, which is why I’m interested only in adaptive cruise control.
I hope it does not put you off buying this amazing EV, but my Audi A7 MY2011 had almost exactly the same ACC. I always drive my ACC on distance setting 1 and it still keeps too much distance.

grahamsimmonds

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche’s ACC is far better than Tesla’s TACC as a driver’ aid. For example, it doesn’t brake every time it sees a parked car. It slows down smoothly and moves off far quicker than Teslas. And as for ALK, I prefer it over Autosteer. Firstly, I can change the position of the car in the lane without it disengaging, for example moving over when going past a truck. I don’t have to wait for the ponderous automatic lane change to work. I indicate, change lane, and it automatically re-engages. Self driving is a Tesla obsession. I didn’t buy a Porsche to have it drive for me.
Sponsored