How was your decision on your chosen Taycan model based

When choosing your model, were you previously driving an EV and how did that influence your decisio?

• Total voters

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Ever since being a young boy I always admired Porsche. So I was rather envy when my son bought his Boxster 10 years ago. For me that was the moment I started to "save" a bit on expenses and a few years later became active with cryptocoins mining and trading. At the beginning of this year my Opel Ampera(same as Chevrolet Volt) needed an expensive repair, and given the fact that the coins I had left increased so much in value I could make my dream come true.

For me it was clear that I wanted a Porsche and started looking at approved used Porsches. That's how I found the Taycan and spent months looking at youtube clips and figuring out which options I wanted for sure and which would be nice to have.

The moment came I took a test drive. I wanted to test drive the 4S, but the day before my test drive another tester was a bit too enthusiast and was stopped by the police for over speeding more than 50 kms/hr, which meant handing over his drivers license and the car was also confiscated. It took Porsche a while to get it back. I still wanted a test drive, so I got the RWD for an afternoon. My son accompanied me and both took the RWD for a spin, being careful where to speed.

I was very impressed by the car, but still wanted to test the 4S too, so I agreed with the PC salesman that he would call me when the 4S was available again.

I had reserved some of my cryptocoins for the purchase, at that moment it was enough for the 4S that had most of the options I wanted:

Mandatory for me were:
- Power Folding Exterior Mirrors
- Performance Battery Plus (93.4 kWh)
- Sport Chrono Package
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB)
- Rear Axle Steering
- Lane Change Assist (LCA)
- Porsche InnoDrive incl. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and Active Lane Keep (ALK)
- Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
- Seat Ventilation (Front)
- On-Board 150 kW/400V DC Charger

Two weeks went by, no call from PC salesman and the reserved coins had another substantial increase in value. So I looked again at the list of Porsche approved used cars and saw a turbo with low mileage that had all the options I wanted plus some more and was almost within my budget.

So I called, said I wanted to hear a good purchase price so we negotiated and I got the price I could afford. Right away exchanged the coins into Euros and signed a purchase order.

One week later I could pick up my volcano grey turbo, my dream came true :cool:

It took a week before I dared my first launch, obviously I had a smile from ear to ear on my face.

I now have it for two and a half months and already drove over 6000 km (3750 miles). I don't need much reason to jump in and enjoyed my super car :blush:
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Enjoy :like:
btw, as an hodler, i also cashed three BTC in April (for 50k€each), so I secured a budget for cross turismo.
having said that, i’ll get it for less than 8k€ :p

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Mine was made purely on cost.
Ive just re-ordered a RWD with very few options.
Ive upgraded wheels , Bose, glass sunroof, folding mirrors and colour
I drove the 4s and RWD and honestly in London RWD was plenty fast enough
Ive changed my mind twice on it....I ordered 2 months ago, then read all the breaking down on the motorways/freeways so ordered a base 992. Then decided that it was an EV I really wanted so changed order....Porsche salesman has been mega patient...I hope I don't regret lol
Smart move, driving an EV makes so much sense particularly in dense urban areas...

Shaqs

First Name
Shakil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3.
Country flag
Mine was made purely on cost.
Ive just re-ordered a RWD with very few options.
Ive upgraded wheels , Bose, glass sunroof, folding mirrors and colour
I drove the 4s and RWD and honestly in London RWD was plenty fast enough
Ive changed my mind twice on it....I ordered 2 months ago, then read all the breaking down on the motorways/freeways so ordered a base 992. Then decided that it was an EV I really wanted so changed order....Porsche salesman has been mega patient...I hope I don't regret lol
quick question if you don't mind...

Assuming you have the standard seats and no driver memory package?...Does the passenger side mirror tilt down (Kerb view) when in reverse or is this option only available with the driver memory package as mentions on the porsche website?
Sponsored