First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Hi Forum,
My 2021 Turbo S does not retain a customized HUD setting.
  • The customization process is quite straightforward using the PCM and the customized HUD displays fine ... for a while.
  • Within a drive or two; however, the HUD reverts from a customized two-pane layout (e.g., with compass and assistance) to a single-pane layout without either compass or assistance. The reversion is not merely a switch to one of the standard HUD views as selecting Customized in the HUD view itself does not bring back the previously customized view.
  • Resetting the custom configuration using the PCM restores the two-pane custom layout temporarily.
Has anyone else experienced the HUD customized view reverting?
Sponsored

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Hi Forum,
My 2021 Turbo S does not retain a customized HUD setting.
  • The customization process is quite straightforward using the PCM and the customized HUD displays fine ... for a while.
  • Within a drive or two; however, the HUD reverts from a customized two-pane layout (e.g., with compass and assistance) to a single-pane layout without either compass or assistance. The reversion is not merely a switch to one of the standard HUD views as selecting Customized in the HUD view itself does not bring back the previously customized view.
  • Resetting the custom configuration using the PCM restores the two-pane custom layout temporarily.
Has anyone else experienced the HUD customized view reverting?
Yes...and it's annoying, because it takes a couple minutes while stopped to reprogram a new custom HUD configuration.

This is my next "life goal" to figure out with our Taycan. My understanding from reading the manual is the HUD settings as configured should save with the user profile connected to the key fob.

Did you find a solution? Has anyone else?

OP
OP
Crick

Crick

First Name
Crick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volt, 2009 BMW X5D, 2021 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Did you find a solution? Has anyone else?
My dealer told me Friday last week that one saves the HUD display by saving the seat position. Today is Tuesday - my custom still there so far …

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
My dealer told me Friday last week that one saves the HUD display by saving the seat position. Today is Tuesday - my custom still there so far …
Thanks. I'll give re-saving the seating position a try next time I drive it.
Sponsored