Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think they have sold all the allocations for this year, that is why they are giving 6months delivery time. My RWD was delayed about 3 weeks, which wasn't that bad. TYD was the best tool to track it until it got the Bencia port, then there was 3 week delay before they updated it.
If you have a commission number then you have allocation, and a build slot. Delays are because there aren't parts. Or there aren't people to do something in the supply chain and it backs up.

If there's a late delivery, but you have an order lock date, that means your build slot is just way in the future, but it's at least allocated.

dsak48

First Name
Constantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW LEXUS
Country flag
Agreed. I ordered back in May and I'm now projected to get the car at the end of November. Seems as though this "6 mos." from order to delivery has been occurring for a while. The news would have me believe that this chip shortage will get worse before it gets better so I would think timeframes from order to delivery would get a bit worse...
Actually just got the "good news"...Apparently the six to eight months delivery does not apply ?...Porsche just informed me that my CT 4S July order is going to be delivered June 2022.11 month wait for a car when I used to make fun for anyone waiting for a car more than 4 months..Anyways.

Toodal00

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD, 21 Tesla MY, Mercedes E350, GLC 300
Country flag
its funny how some models are pushed so far back, yet some 22's are being produced earlier then expected

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
its funny how some models are pushed so far back, yet some 22's are being produced earlier then expected
[/QUOTE
I just don’t get it. Back in August when my car was pushed for the third time from an original delivery date of 08/06 to 10/23 I told my dealer I’d just as soon pull my order and wait for a MY22. He replied that the MY22’s were going to get pushed back too. It’s unconscionable that 22’s are rolling off the assembly line and my car is still stuck in production 3 months after it went in.
Sponsored