menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
Ask him to tell you, based on the last 3-5 cars delivered to their Dealership, how close were they to original delivery date. This will give you some idea. I asked my SA yesterday this question about their CT deliveries. It was only two cars but they were only delayed a few days.
My theory is that it depends on the options. If the car is heavily optioned with tech items (technology pkg for example) it has a higher probability of getting delayed
Sponsored

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Ask him to tell you, based on the last 3-5 cars delivered to their Dealership, how close were they to original delivery date. This will give you some idea. I asked my SA yesterday this question about their CT deliveries. It was only two cars but they were only delayed a few days.
Sharp idea. Will do. Thanks !

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
My theory is that it depends on the options. If the car is heavily optioned with tech items (technology pkg for example) it has a higher probability of getting delayed
Because more chipsets or ?

frankchn

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 TTS, Taycan TTS
Country flag
I think it really depends on the specific option combo. BMW had to remove the mid-level Harmon Kardon sound system in many of their models but the high end B&W system was unaffected.

menzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mino cooper S, waiting for taycan CT
Country flag
I think it really depends on the specific option combo. BMW had to remove the mid-level Harmon Kardon sound system in many of their models but the high end B&W system was unaffected.
Could be that as well. It’s all just a theory and I need more data points to establish a real pattern.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Could be that as well. It’s all just a theory and I need more data points to establish a real pattern.
My theory is that they’re prioritizing the more expensive models, as any rational business would do. I’m reading of turbo CTs being built after my wife’s CT4 and already on a ship to the US. Seems like a bunch of 4S CTs are now seeing progress as well while I haven’t read yet of any CT4 that are stuck in production reaching 8.0 completion or being transported to Emden. Hopefully next week brings more and better news.

Same caveat as you, it’s just a theory based on a few anecdotes I’ve noticed from the board posts.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
More expensive = more electronics?
on the other hand, what’s more expensive; turbo with no options, or fully loaded CT4?
my build of CT4 is over 147k €…. It was assembled on July 16, TPM control unit will arrive to my dealer next Wednesday.

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
More expensive = more electronics?
on the other hand, what’s more expensive; turbo with no options, or fully loaded CT4?
my build of CT4 is over 147k €…. It was assembled on July 16, TPM control unit will arrive to my dealer next Wednesday.
Good questions. Maybe both?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Man, 6 months is nothing.
I waited years for my Taycan!
Remember the spy shots of the mules?
Constantly looking for more pics, details, information and what not?
Remember the final presentation?
I went to IAA 2019 to see it for the first time...
I think I placed my order in begin September 2019 (closed allocation December 2019) and delivery was in the middle of Corona crisis, april 2020!
Such a surprise as Porsche had to close the factory for a few weeks...

Man, that was a good ride!
And man, what a great ride it still is!
All I can say: it's totally worth the wait!

BokkeBo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My theory is that they’re prioritizing the more expensive models, as any rational business would do. I’m reading of turbo CTs being built after my wife’s CT4 and already on a ship to the US. Seems like a bunch of 4S CTs are now seeing progress as well while I haven’t read yet of any CT4 that are stuck in production reaching 8.0 completion or being transported to Emden. Hopefully next week brings more and better news.

Same caveat as you, it’s just a theory based on a few anecdotes I’ve noticed from the board posts.
Not sure about validity the more expensive so gets there sooner theory although it does make sense.

Second Taycan, original was 2020 4S. New one is fairly loaded Turbo S - no nightvision, volcano grey - Feb delivery. Ordered 8/5, order created 9/3, delivery 2/4/22. Colleague has similar spec CT from same dealer - different area but ordered same time, ETA May.
Porsche Taycan Huge demand for Taycan causing wait to stretch to 6 months 1631552055786

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
For MY22 Taycan models, the earliest delivery dates people have are in November? Just wondering when the first '22 deliveries will start..mine shifted from Nov to Dec and will probably shift again.

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For MY22 Taycan models, the earliest delivery dates people have are in November? Just wondering when the first '22 deliveries will start..mine shifted from Nov to Dec and will probably shift again.
Doesnt really answer your question, but mine is currently set for 12/24/22 and has not shifted since I put in the reservation.

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Not that we didn’t know this but puts waiting times in perspective.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...ge-demand-all-electric-taycan-ceo-2021-09-06/

MUNICH, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Luxury sports car maker Porsche AG (PSCH.UL) is attracting huge demand for its Taycan model, causing wait times for the all-electric coupe to stretch to six months, CEO Oliver Blume said on Monday.​
"Our original production capacity for the Taycan was 20,000 units this year - we've sold that many in the first half of the year," Blume told a panel discussion at the IAA Mobility show in Munich.​
"Incoming orders are huge - they are good in China too," said Blume, adding that the Volkswagen group (VOWG_p.DE) unit was, like other carmakers, battling chip shortages and had more incoming orders than it could meet.​
Normal waiting times for a new vehicle were four months but they have now stretched to half a year, he said.​
My May deposit for a 4S was supposed to have a July build and a September delivery in the US. It is now an October build with a December delivery.
Sponsored