jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Not that we didn’t know this but puts waiting times in perspective.

https://www.reuters.com/business/au...ge-demand-all-electric-taycan-ceo-2021-09-06/

MUNICH, Sept 6 (Reuters) - Luxury sports car maker Porsche AG (PSCH.UL) is attracting huge demand for its Taycan model, causing wait times for the all-electric coupe to stretch to six months, CEO Oliver Blume said on Monday.​
"Our original production capacity for the Taycan was 20,000 units this year - we've sold that many in the first half of the year," Blume told a panel discussion at the IAA Mobility show in Munich.​
"Incoming orders are huge - they are good in China too," said Blume, adding that the Volkswagen group (VOWG_p.DE) unit was, like other carmakers, battling chip shortages and had more incoming orders than it could meet.​
Normal waiting times for a new vehicle were four months but they have now stretched to half a year, he said.​
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I asked my SA for an honest idea of when I will get my car with lock date of September 23rd. He keeps saying early December which I never believed and now it’s even less likely based on this article. It’s bugging me that he pretends not to know better. He still thought TYD was still only for the 911 as well. ?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I asked my SA for an honest idea of when I will get my car with lock date of September 23rd. He keeps saying early December which I never believed and now it’s even less likely based on this article. It’s bugging me that he pretends not to know better. He still thought TYD was still only for the 911 as well. ?
Who knows. My SA said their vehicles had all been delayed somewhat, with the slowest quarter for deliveries they have ever had over the last 2 months. He did mentioned that he has seen a ramp up in production in the factory for many of his delayed allocations, and many of the cars awaiting things like TPMS on docks have finally started to get them installed and more vehicles on their way.

One sort of shielding benefit, is VW is going to be building their higher margin cars and prioritizing chips and equipment for cars exactly like ours, before allocating them down line.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My order to delivery was ~7 weeks. (2021 RWD)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
That article leaves out the chip shortage. So the factory has already produced its yearly capacity which means they have a higher demand and need to increase the production abilities at the factor, but at the end of the day, if they do not have the chips, the cars are going to be delayed not only from the factory production abilities but also from the chip delay.

My car was finished 7/13 and still sitting waiting on a TPM (and 3 other items) to be able to be delivered to my dealer.

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you order today, my dealer said that you could be delivered in April next year if all goes well…

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I remember having to wait 18 months when I ordered a Macan at the launch, and when replaced with a Panamera, that arrived in 6 weeks!

yman182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered in early August with a production start date of 10/29/2021 and TYD shows a delivery of 12/24. Are those usually not accurate?

Bajas21

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I ordered in early August with a production start date of 10/29/2021 and TYD shows a delivery of 12/24. Are those usually not accurate?
Not at all. TYD originally had my delivery scheduled for August, slipped to Sept, Oct, Nov and now sitting at 12/3, but SA seem even that might be optimistic. He told me TPMS, seat foam, light sensors among other things causing the delay.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
What I don't understand from this article is what they specifically mean by "sales". Are those cars delivered, or contracts sold and if so are these allocations meaning they have "sold" all their available production slots for this year? I assume the second alternative to be true.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
AFAIK, if you place an order today, you'll get the car in 6 months.