First Name
Constantinos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW LEXUS
Country flag
Hello ,

Even though my 4S CT order is from a small market I believe that the delivery dates are going towards 8 months from order...
Sponsored

misterfring

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
Anyone have a clue as to why my “order created” date keeps changing on TYD? I understand that freeze points and expected delivery are likely to move back based on everyone’s experiences here, but the order date moving makes me worry a bit more.

I can reach out to my dealer, but I have a feeling I’ll be nagging him enough over the next few months—so I thought. I’d start here first.

vdr

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe a Taycan...
Country flag
Hello ,

Even though my 4S CT order is from a small market I believe that the delivery dates are going towards 8 months from order...
Agreed. I ordered back in May and I'm now projected to get the car at the end of November. Seems as though this "6 mos." from order to delivery has been occurring for a while. The news would have me believe that this chip shortage will get worse before it gets better so I would think timeframes from order to delivery would get a bit worse...

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Anyone have a clue as to why my “order created” date keeps changing on TYD? I understand that freeze points and expected delivery are likely to move back based on everyone’s experiences here, but the order date moving makes me worry a bit more.

I can reach out to my dealer, but I have a feeling I’ll be nagging him enough over the next few months—so I thought. I’d start here first.
I noticed every time I make a change the order date updates.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag

For me it was due to the way Zuff is staging production. I confirmed this with Porsche NA today - I placed my order on August 9 and while I had somebody in the C suite on the phone asked a few questions about TYD and delivery.

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
That article leaves out the chip shortage. So the factory has already produced its yearly capacity which means they have a higher demand and need to increase the production abilities at the factor, but at the end of the day, if they do not have the chips, the cars are going to be delayed not only from the factory production abilities but also from the chip delay.

My car was finished 7/13 and still sitting waiting on a TPM (and 3 other items) to be able to be delivered to my dealer.
Oliver doesn’t lie, but not say the truth at the same time. It is true they originally planned to produce 20k, but much earlier, at the beginning of the production last year they increased the capacity to 40k (seeing the preordering numbers from 2019 that was around 20k). They could easily run the production if they have semi conductors, the production line was ready for that more than a year ago. This statement is a marketing masterpiece. -"We have very high demand for our excellent car" than say we fu*cked up as a whole industry to get all the parts on time to complete our cars. Nobody talks about waiting cars in docks for TPMS, missing functions, chargers, keys etc.
The better would be: "We do not offer second key for our cars because it is too excellent for the majority of the owners to share it with anybody. We will offer it on request, of course later on".

Last edited:

Bognar67

First Name
Janos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
T M3P 2019, Taycan GTS 2022, i4 40 MS 2024
Country flag
Hello ,

I think the opposite. Small market = small quota. They will not make problem to supply it fully.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I'm 6 feet 5", but less than 220 pounds :angel:

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I asked my SA for an honest idea of when I will get my car with lock date of September 23rd. He keeps saying early December which I never believed and now it’s even less likely based on this article. It’s bugging me that he pretends not to know better. He still thought TYD was still only for the 911 as well. ?
My lock date was Sept 4th and shows delivery of Dec 3rd and my sales agent still claims that’s entirely probably…. ??‍♂

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
My lock date was Sept 4th and shows delivery of Dec 3rd and my sales agent still claims that’s entirely probably…. ??‍♂
Ask him to tell you, based on the last 3-5 cars delivered to their Dealership, how close were they to original delivery date. This will give you some idea. I asked my SA yesterday this question about their CT deliveries. It was only two cars but they were only delayed a few days.
Sponsored