I’m a new Taycan Owner

LoveInc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
New to Porsche , new to electric cars . Just got my taycan 2 days ago . Can anyone tell me what the item in the image is for please . 2 of them in the car . Thanks

Porsche Taycan I’m a new Taycan Owner 34DBE436-CDEF-4812-BD2F-3D1CE0E899D3
Sponsored

janeelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
New to Porsche , new to electric cars . Just got my taycan 2 days ago . Can anyone tell me what the item in the image is for please . 2 of them in the car . Thanks

34DBE436-CDEF-4812-BD2F-3D1CE0E899D3.jpeg
it's for the tracking system (if you've opted into this service)

Reactions: TIM

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Countach, Diablo SE30, Taycan Turbo, Lamborghini 5C
Country flag
Your dealer really should have explained all that to you. You shouldn't leave those fobs in the car if you have subscribed to the service as the whole point of them is that if they're not in the car and somebody steals the car you'll get alerted. Which dealer did you get it from?

OP
OP

LoveInc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Your dealer really should have explained all that to you. You shouldn't leave those fobs in the car if you have subscribed to the service as the whole point of them is that if they're not in the car and somebody steals the car you'll get alerted. Which dealer did you get it from?
It’s a company car so provided by a dealer 400 miles from me . I got it delivered off a transporter , no handover whatsoever . I’m trying my best to work out where everything is and how it works . I thought about going into my local dealer but assumed given they didn’t supply vehicle then they wouldn’t be interested . I could really do with a formal handover as I have lots of questions .

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s a company car so provided by a dealer 400 miles from me . I got it delivered off a transporter , no handover whatsoever . I’m trying my best to work out where everything is and how it works . I thought about going into my local dealer but assumed given they didn’t supply vehicle then they wouldn’t be interested . I could really do with a formal handover as I have lots of questions .
The dealers are doing "Virtual Masterclasses" for new owners to ask questions - or at least my dealer is. Perhaps contact your supplying dealer and ask for one. Then they should be able to talk you through everything. I haven't booked mine yet because I too have lots of questions (and problems) and I'm going to wait until I finish my really long list and hit them with it all in one go!

TSS

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The manual barely goes into any technical detail and doesn't explain why things that should work don't. I don't know about the OP, but I certainly want to know more information about the car than I can find in the manual.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Go to your local dealer and find a sales guy. If not super busy, they are happy to help. I did this in Munich last year and had an hour chat...

CarolineK

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

34DBE436-CDEF-4812-BD2F-3D1CE0E899D3.jpeg
I had to ask exactly the same as mine came on a transporter from Wolverhampton. What come ours did you get?