I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

DJBlack

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Cayenne Coupe, Taycan GTS on order
Country flag
I can see why they get so much attention, they have obvious Porsche lines, are very wide and low, the combination of them 3 things make them stand out on the road. I haven’t got mine yet but every time I see one it properly catches my attention
Sponsored

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I’ve not had one negative interaction so far. People can drive a bit aggressively sometimes and the odd jerk sitting in the fast lane trying to get you to undertake so they can cut you off but that’s about it. Some dad brought his kid over the other day, was sweet.
i don't think that they try to force you to undertake. i really just wanted to take a closer look at the car. so i pulled beside it.

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
There’s not many around, so it gets attention a lot. And a lot of likes from the non-EV crowd too funnily enough. Most see the Porsche badge first and are interested and like the looks, then they see the name or they ask and are shocked to find it is an all electric. Many still dont even know until i tell them when they ask, that Porsche even has an all electric (here in the AL, GA FL area anyway). I will see people give Teslas the evil eye for being electric, then turn and see this car and go wow! No negative reactions thus far. Kids love it, but like others said, it’s mostly the dudes who’s heads turn and I (and my wife) are quite happy with that!😂

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Apart from some idiot in a Model 3 who tried to race me from the stop light, 5 mins after I took delivery from dealership....the car has attracted very little attention (he got left in the dust; sports plus mode). But this is the California silly-con valley and one sees the odd Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren, Rolls, GT-R every so often so a funny looking Porsche is not a head turner. That's a good thing since last thing I want is some fella with manhood issues trying to drag race my wife - it's her daily driver. The little boys in my daughter's daycare though eagerly wait for the Taycan to arrive every day.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I’ve had my Jet Black Metallic TTS for 3000~ miles now and I’m just astounded by how much attention the car gets on a daily basis.

Every time I drive it one of the following happens:

- people stopping me to talk about it.
- thumbs up from pedestrians / other drivers.
- other cars speeding up to see it up close.
- boy racers trying to race, good luck with that 🤣
- people taking photos of it.

I was actually going for a low key spec, ie brake callipers painted black rather than yellow etc and I’d expect this kind of reaction from an exotic but it seems there’s something about the taycan that has a real presence.

Have you experienced similar? 911 drivers is it a similar thing for you? I love 911s but I wouldn’t turn my head or give a thumbs up to the driver of a 911 - not out of rudeness, I just wouldn’t consider it a particularly noteworthy car, you see one every ten minutes in London!

I’ve attached pics for reference. I’d be interested to hear your experiences!

4C5D28E6-1876-440D-87FC-1FA4913610DA.jpeg

228C815E-BECE-4D9F-9266-0C539DB7E794.jpeg

293679BD-385C-472A-AA73-AF48740752D4.jpeg
I would just say “welcome to the world of Porsche”. I don’t have my Taycan yet but my Panamera ST is much more of a head turner than I ever expected. Sometimes when I come back to my car after shopping, I find people standing around it taking selfies. Awkward for sure and somewhat dependent on where you live I suspect.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
It seems very region specific. I had my Taycan for 2 years including back when there were almost no Taycans on the road. I rarely had people comment. Everyone is really into SUVs here in Colorado. They mostly noticed when I was driving it in major snowstorms - it is not the kind of car folks expect to see then.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Got a great deal of attention in SF for the first 6 months when it first released, but now nothing. But probably because there are 10 other Taycan's on my street alone. Half of them getting street parked like a common Civic now.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Depends where you are in the UK.

In London, people are used to seeing even hypercars quite regularly. I doubt it would get that much attention.

Drive a Taycan around Hull and you'll probably have everyone pulling out their mobile...

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I'm in Norwich UK in a Stormtrooper with JBM Mission E's and I can't believe the love this car gets... I've never experienced it before, the genuine enthusiasm and props this car generates!
No one seems to know it's electric tho 😂

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Pretty low key here in Kansas as per reaction to my Taycan CT. I had a nicely spec'd Aston Martin Vantage before it and the attention to it was overwhelming and actually one of the reasons I decided to sell it. The attention bordered on dangerous. That said, an Aston Martin in Kansas is quite a rarity. So, low key with just an occasional thumbs up is just fine by me. The TCT does get me good right in front of the restaurant valet spots though, which is nice!

Last edited:

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Had our Taycan Turbo S CT for a week now, I reckon it gets more attention than my old GT3 RS and current GT4 combined. Had someone chase me round the car park to tell me how much they don't like Porsches yet loved my Taycan, especially the colour" (Neptune Blue)
I get my Neptune Blue GTS in July. Not having seen the color in person, I'm not sold on the color yet but your comment gives me hope!

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
ive had a couple comment on the electric aspect of the car, but mainly because we got the **FREE** electric badge option which i really like.

jimshadow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, DB9, 599, Denali, X1, Tiguan
Country flag
My Taycan gets as much attention as my DB9. Thumbs up, pics, comments, looks. You’d think I’m driving a Ferrari!

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 9C95E479-486A-4DB3-9852-7F7CD050AAFB

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I retrieved my 4S at a Manhattan parking garage recently. The attendant looked up my ticket and said with a delighted smile: “Ah, I will be back with your Ferrari in a minute.” I hesitated between being annoyed and amused but decided to just hope that he would not charge me extra.