I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve had my Jet Black Metallic TTS for 3000~ miles now and I’m just astounded by how much attention the car gets on a daily basis.

Every time I drive it one of the following happens:

- people stopping me to talk about it.
- thumbs up from pedestrians / other drivers.
- other cars speeding up to see it up close.
- boy racers trying to race, good luck with that 🤣
- people taking photos of it.

I was actually going for a low key spec, ie brake callipers painted black rather than yellow etc and I’d expect this kind of reaction from an exotic but it seems there’s something about the taycan that has a real presence.

Have you experienced similar? 911 drivers is it a similar thing for you? I love 911s but I wouldn’t turn my head or give a thumbs up to the driver of a 911 - not out of rudeness, I just wouldn’t consider it a particularly noteworthy car, you see one every ten minutes in London!

I’ve attached pics for reference. I’d be interested to hear your experiences!

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 4C5D28E6-1876-440D-87FC-1FA4913610DA

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 228C815E-BECE-4D9F-9266-0C539DB7E794

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 293679BD-385C-472A-AA73-AF48740752D4

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
yes! my wife comments about that as well (head turning) as its her daily (CT Wagon).. its about the same as when we drive our 78 VW Westy, but get more happy smiles with the bus vs the woah, that thing is insane looking with the CT :p

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hey,

Beautiful car….I could see why your car attracts that attention. I get a few looks/comments each day…I’m guessing the vast majority have no idea it’s totally electric….that is definitely the case for the people I actually speak to about our car. We’re six weeks into our ownership…we’re loving it!

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 3BFAC436-C32B-4AC7-97AF-AB41DF37A01B

Adz_1990

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4, VW T6, Turbo S CT, Cayenne Hybrid (due)
Country flag
Had our Taycan Turbo S CT for a week now, I reckon it gets more attention than my old GT3 RS and current GT4 combined. Had someone chase me round the car park to tell me how much they don't like Porsches yet loved my Taycan, especially the colour" (Neptune Blue)

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’ve not had one negative interaction so far. People can drive a bit aggressively sometimes and the odd jerk sitting in the fast lane trying to get you to undertake so they can cut you off but that’s about it. Some dad brought his kid over the other day, was sweet.

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Not why we bough ours, but we get loads of compliments as well. Pedestrians even took pictures of ours probably not even knowing we were sitting inside (very dark tint) while parking in a lot. An Audi driver rolled down his window to give us a thumps up, which we returned but then realized he probably couldn't see it.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
You are completely correct I get constantly thumbs up and people stopping and pointing shouting cool car
When I had my Miami blue 911 it did turn heads but seems the Taycan is even more of a head turner
My wife did comment the other day that we don’t seem to attract so many idiots always tailgating etc as we did in the 911
But hey it’s such a cool car I stop and stare when I see one and I drive the thing 🤣

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 0D185F38-DBA9-4296-8550-8CA4B9D7CDB2

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I didn’t buy mine for attention - I’d have gone for mamba green and kept the yellow brake callipers if that was the intention. Just genuinely took me by surprise!

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You are completely correct I get constantly thumbs up and people stopping and pointing shouting cool car
When I had my Miami blue 911 it did turn heads but seems the Taycan is even more of a head turner
My wife did comment the other day that we don’t seem to attract so many idiots always tailgating etc as we did in the 911
But hey it’s such a cool car I stop and stare when I see one and I drive the thing 🤣

0D185F38-DBA9-4296-8550-8CA4B9D7CDB2.jpeg
Haha, that is so cool! I could see why that might turn heads 🤣🤣

dynamo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 taycan 4 cross tourismo
Country flag
I get a kick out of watching people in the car behind me at stoplights sort out the blacked out "Porsche" in the taillight of my CT.

I don't get a kick out of all the racers in pickup trucks thinking they're racing me.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
I have a Stormtrooper spec TTS sedan with the painted Mission E’s and I too cannot really drive without someone giving a thumbs up, taking pics, asking questions, etc. There are surprisingly few Taycans on the road here in Northern NJ. I have passed a Taycan or two where the other driver has flashed his/her high beams at me as a nod. I’ve started doing that now too…
Sponsored