I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
I would not say that the Taycan attracts that much attention anymore as there are now a lot of them in the Zurich area! I will see 2-3 a day now so they have definitely become less rare and I live in the suburbs. Taycan owners will wave or smile at each other though!

Zurich has a lot of supercars and if on a summer’s day you dont at least see two Ferrari’s, one Lamborghini and one Aston, and maybe one McLaren you are having a bad day :) ! (Only seen that surpassed in Bond Street London where I saw my first Bugatti.). All these cars hibernate and turn into Audi RS6 wagons in the winter as Switzerland has this unique concept of two cars per license plate. Essentially you only pay road tax on the most expensive one (and a minor amount for the second car) as well as a reduced insurance. Funny concept but well liked!

That being said also not why I bought the car!
Sponsored

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
They are quite common around where I live now (Cheshire) and I saw 4 on a short journey yesterday.

I have noticed a few things though.

Occasionally get cars tailgate me. I was annoyed at first, but now think people just want to see what it is.
They do look cool from behind - especially at night (pic).

Occasional boy racers wanting to race. I ignore them.

But most noticeable - kids do seem to really like it (lads and girls).
Maybe they like the fact it's eco friendly but also a Porsche.
They don't care at all if it's a Tesla / ID3 / etc and they also don't care if its a 911, Bentley etc. But they do stop and notice the Taycan.

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 20211029_073402

Westbyz80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
Had a neighbor come up to me and compliment it, then when I told him it was electric, he was surprised lol…..then he was like “those have ‘get away from the cops’ speed” (which is funny because he’s a cop LOL)

Here’s my car:

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. A0B3F322-E5B5-4F52-89B7-4580A88EFED6

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
You are completely correct I get constantly thumbs up and people stopping and pointing shouting cool car
When I had my Miami blue 911 it did turn heads but seems the Taycan is even more of a head turner
My wife did comment the other day that we don’t seem to attract so many idiots always tailgating etc as we did in the 911
But hey it’s such a cool car I stop and stare when I see one and I drive the thing 🤣

0D185F38-DBA9-4296-8550-8CA4B9D7CDB2.jpeg
That pano roof looks amazing on a red Taycan.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Other than mine and the dealership, I’ve seen 3 around where I live. Total. Ever.
Still quite rare ‘round these parts. Still lots of constant attention.

I was at the park the other day and a kid walked up to the car and start screaming to his brother “Look! Look! It’s an actual famous car!!! Not like Hot Wheels! This one’s real!!!!” Lol…I don’t even know what that means, but he was probably 8 or 10, so….

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I commute to London and probably see 10 every day.

Maybe when we can manage a weekend away somewhere where they are less common. For now I enjoy the "shop window cruise" as the sun reflects off the wheels and Gentian blue. In other words, she gets enough attention from me!

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I commute to London and probably see 10 every day.

Maybe when we can manage a weekend away somewhere where they are less common. For now I enjoy the "shop window cruise" as the sun reflects off the wheels and Gentian blue. In other words, she gets enough attention from me!
London: ltd company director central...

(A boon for Taycan sales)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have seen a Taycan on the road 4 times since they were released, 2 on the M6 on my way home from Scotland, one driving past my house and the 4th in Oxford yesterday, mind you I mainly drive on Oxfordshire country roads where I have seen none so far.

I hope not to get noticed too much, my wife is reluctant to go in my Ferrari “one of my friends might see me in it!” She prefers the Prius by miles.

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I live in bucks and work in London. Regularly get thumbs up etc when people see mine.

Even in London it draws attention! Could be that I have a CT which is different to the more common sports saloon

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
I see them fairly regularly where I am. I know of at least 3 people at my little one's nursery!

I hope they don't draw too much attention, I have a carmine red GTS on order :oops:

Last edited:

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I see them fairly regularly when I am. I know of at least 3 people at my little one's nursery!

I hope they don't draw too much attention, I have a carmine red GTS on order :oops:
Carmine red isn't the most stealth of colors but it looks great!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
OT but the attention in the DeLorean surpasses ANY vehicle I have owned or been riding in ever - Taycan included. Even in the region I live in where every other car is a Rolls or Lambo, the D wins out every time. Gas stations, red lights, traffic, stores, restaurants, etc....

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
OT but the attention in the DeLorean surpasses ANY vehicle I have owned or been riding in ever - Taycan included. Even in the region I live in where every other car is a Rolls or Lambo, the D wins out every time. Gas stations, red lights, traffic, stores, restaurants, etc....
Where you have the ability travel through time, you will always be an instant celebrity.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
I see them fairly regularly when I am. I know of at least 3 people at my little one's nursery!

Carmine draws massive attention. Half the people don't even realize it is a Porsche. Some Ferrari or other supercar that colour. In a sea of South London grey, black and silver car mediocrity you will shine like a light house in the darkest of storms. Just watch in the rear view mirror the head turning.
Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. IMG_20220425_162759
Sponsored