I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
....But most noticeable - kids do seem to really like it (lads and girls)....
I have noticed this as well. While sitting in the bleachers at one of my 10-year old grandson's hockey games, another player's mother came up to me and said, "My son made me take a picture of him standing next to your car."
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
100% agree with OP. Crazy attention. I suspect the average Non Motorhead might think the Taycan is the new look of the 911. And in fact, while I still love the 911, the Taycan looks much more futuristic.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Carmine draws massive attention. Half the people don't even realize it is a Porsche. Some Ferrari or other supercar that colour. In a sea of South London grey, black and silver car mediocrity you will shine like a light house in the darkest of storms. Just watch in the rear view mirror the head turning.
my coffee beige car is what people comment on.

last spring while driving from FL to NJ I stopped in NC for a charge and the car attracted a lot of attention while I was charging and having lunch in an adjacent fast food place.

when you are in rural parts of the country the car's cost is probably close to what the locals paid for their homes J/S

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Carmine draws massive attention...... In a sea of South London grey, black and silver car mediocrity you will shine like a light house in the darkest of storms......
Same here with Frozen Blue Metallic. When parked at a mall or sporting event I am usually surrounded by SUVs in repeating waves of black, grey, silver, white, black, gray, silver, white.....

When someone walks by my FBM CT I suspect that they are thinking, "What is this car doing here?"

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
I have noticed this as well. While sitting in the bleachers at one of my 10-year old grandson's hockey games, another player's mother came up to me and said, "My son made me take a picture of him standing next to your car."
That's called 'being hit on'.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Ha, ha, ha. My car has been called a Jaguar................WHAT??????? Others are amazed when I tell them that it is all electric - and some look at me like I don't know what I am talking about. It's when I tell them - 'Look - no tail pipes!' that they look confused............how could a car have no tail pipes???

4MBN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M5, TTSCT
Country flag
In April, I parked my car at Heathrow Hilton for a week.

Having found the widest parking space, I got out and saw a guy approaching. He looked at the car and said "beautiful". I thanked him of course.

Standing next to the car and less than impressed was my girlfriend. She quickly saw the funny side and now every time we are near the car, she looks at it (and not me) and says... yep you guessed it!!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Mamba green would be a great stealth colour in a tropical rain forest, but it's going to draw a bit more attention in the UK 😁
Maybe but it is the colour I like best.
Everything about my order is to please only me :) I genuinely don't care what anybody thinks about it

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I get a bit of head turning with Gentian blue,
but not much.

What I do find (and this is completely unexpected) is that people are keen to let me pull out from junctions. Much more so than any other car I have ever driven. I think they don’t know what it is and want a closer look. Suits me though!

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Slightly off topic....

Last Friday I parked up near some workmen and one wondered across in a high vis vest.

He was a (very pleasant) scouser - so you need to know the accent.

Him: 'hey mate - is it leccy?'
Me: sorry?
Him: your car.... is it leccy?
Me: ahh. Yes it is.
Him: is it all leccy?
Me: yes
Him: Just leccy. No petrol at all?
Him: how far can it go on the leccy?..... How fast can it go on the leccy? Etc etc.

I found it really funny.

I do live quite near to Liverpool so know that scousers shorten every word they can - so they can speak faster and say more! (I actually think Ian is quite a short name - but most scousers call me 'e'. 🤣)

I am also aware that scousers say leccy for electricity - but hadn't thought about my Taycan being a 'leccy' car.

They could offer the decal on the side as 'leccy' instead of 'electric' for customers in Liverpool.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Slightly off topic....

Last Friday I parked up near some workmen and one wondered across in a high vis vest.

He was a (very pleasant) scouser - so you need to know the accent.

Him: 'hey mate - is it leccy?'
Me: sorry?
Him: your car.... is it leccy?
Me: ahh. Yes it is.
Him: is it all leccy?
Him: Just leccy. No petrol at all?
Him: how far can it go on the leccy?..... How fast can it go on the leccy? Etc etc.

I found it really funny.

I do live quite near to Liverpool so know that scousers shorten every word they can - so they can speak faster and say more! (I actually think Ian is quite a short name - but most scousers call me 'e'. 🤣)

I am also aware that scousers say leccy for electricity - but hadn't thought about my Taycan being a 'leccy' car.

They could offer the decal on the side as 'leccy' instead of 'electric' for customers in Liverpool.
Plus with the new PCM it now has a "colour TV" in the cabin.