I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Maybe but it is the colour I like best.
Everything about my order is to please only me :) I genuinely don't care what anybody thinks about it
I'm generally not a fan of green cars but I think Mamba looks great on the Taycan (it even emphasises its amphibian/reptilian "face" 🐸 ). I know many people cringe at the thought of my choice of FB over red/black interior, but it makes me happy- I think interesting colours suit interesting cars (even when interesting = challenging). But my original point was only that, the further you move away from shades of grey, the more you're going to stand out (be it cars, clothes, hair colour...).
Sponsored

campkel

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I didn't buy my Mamba stunner for attention, I just love the color. However, I'm not shy either! I get people stopping next to me to check it out, some taking pictures. I had a Maycan pull up and tell me how much they loved it. I was at the charging station and there were several other electrics charging, including a white Taycan. People came up to me to see my car, including a mother who wanted to take pictures for her son who "loves Porsches".

Of course, tons of racers always wanting a go. I've had to stop taking the bait after a 133mph run up on the freeway against a BMW G80 M3. It was way too effortless to go that fast! I did enjoy the time I took off from a stoplight and watched a mustang burn rubber and go nowhere in my rear-view.

I found out someone else in town has a Mamba Green Taycan. I used to be the only one. Why does that bother me? LOL.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I'm generally not a fan of green cars but I think Mamba looks great on the Taycan (it even emphasises its amphibian/reptilian "face" 🐸 ). I know many people cringe at the thought of my choice of FB over red/black interior, but it makes me happy- I think interesting colours suit interesting cars (even when interesting = challenging). But my original point was only that, the further you move away from shades of grey, the more you're going to stand out (be it cars, clothes, hair colour...).
Green is my favourite colour but I did realise your point, just really didn't care whether it stands out excessively or not.

I am not buying the Taycan for any reason other than I liked it a lot and, except not being a convertible, seems to be a reasonable substitute for two cars.
I am bored by monochrome cars but the only car colour I personally actually dislike is red, no idea why.

We all have different tastes and different reasons for our choices.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
I get a lot of comments from people on the car (my second). My Neptune Blue 4S got a fair amount of attention but the Voodoo Blue TTS is a bit over the top in how many people comment on it. Ive even had a few people relocate Parking next to it and when asked said they didn’t want to risk damaging it …lol

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 24939AF2-87EE-4E3A-9F0F-2F46E3BBC9E9

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Someone from Liverpool. I didn't know either, but my neighbor is a scouser. They practically speak a different language from the rest of England.
Local accents and dialect are distinctive in most parts of the UK (less so than pre-BBC when people from one town or valley could distinguish visitors from the next town or valley by their slightly different accents and expressions). It's still impressive how people who you're used to hearing in a professional environment can suddenly switch on their ancestral jibber-jabber when over-excited or talking to their mates/relatives from back home. I doubt this is a uniquely British phenonenon. The most effective universal translator between any of these local dialects would appear to be alcohol 😁 (trust me- I'm a secret Scouser).

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If you're into UFC, see Paddy Pimblet.

If not, watch him on a few YouTube videos and you'll quickly understand what a Scouser is.
Ooookay. So if I meet someone from Birmingham and call him a scouser, am I going to get punched in the nose?

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Ooookay. So if I meet someone from Birmingham and call him a scouser, am I going to get punched in the nose?
No, you will just be called an "American" in your ignorance of accents (we Brits can't tell the difference between a Canadian or American), showing that we too are being ignorant of your accent.

It gets confusing 😂

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Slightly off topic....

Last Friday I parked up near some workmen and one wondered across in a high vis vest.

He was a (very pleasant) scouser - so you need to know the accent.

Him: 'hey mate - is it leccy?'
Me: sorry?
Him: your car.... is it leccy?
Me: ahh. Yes it is.
Him: is it all leccy?
Me: yes
Him: Just leccy. No petrol at all?
Me: yes
Him: how far can it go on the leccy?..... How fast can it go on the leccy? Etc etc.

I found it really funny.

I do live quite near to Liverpool so know that scousers shorten every word they can - so they can speak faster and say more! (I actually think Ian is quite a short name - but most scousers call me 'e'. 🤣)

I am also aware that scousers say leccy for electricity - but hadn't thought about my Taycan being a 'leccy' car.

They could offer the decal on the side as 'leccy' instead of 'electric' for customers in Liverpool.
Ha-ha, I am originally from the Fylde and thought leccy was a standard UK shortening of electric(ity)

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Ha-ha, I am originally from the Fylde and thought leccy was a standard UK shortening of electric(ity)
Haha we definitely say Leccy up in the North East of England. Its not scouse exclusive :CWL:

OP
OP

Dimebag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I hate green cars and I’d have mamba green. Black on black though 😍

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
forgot to mention last week a gate guard saw my car pulling up and asked me, is that the new electric Mustang? 🤣 I politely corrected him but I’ll bet the Mustang crowd would like it far more if this was their electric Mustang vs the SUV Mach-E!

X88

First Name
Zain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I get a lot of comments from people on the car (my second). My Neptune Blue 4S got a fair amount of attention but the Voodoo Blue TTS is a bit over the top in how many people comment on it. Ive even had a few people relocate Parking next to it and when asked said they didn’t want to risk damaging it …lol

24939AF2-87EE-4E3A-9F0F-2F46E3BBC9E9.jpeg
Awesome color!

MrNoGas

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the same experience as others on this thread -- daily thumbs up, pointing, comments asking about the car. Today, a guy in a minivan stopped next to me at an intersection honked his horn until I rolled down my window, jokingly asking me if I want to race, before telling me that he loved the car and color. Porsche designs beautiful cars and the reactions we get on a daily basis suggest others enjoy seeing them on the road.
Sponsored