I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
HA! I recognize that under-construction Porsche dealer. I picked my Neptune Blue Taycan there at the end of April, beginning of May.

Your experience is similar to mine. I've had folks ask me about the car and they've all expressed surprised when I tell them it's electric.
Any chance you passed through North Marin on the 101 a few days back? Think I might've saw you! Or at least first Neptune I've seen in the wild. Excited since mine's due in Sept
Sponsored

marvinp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998/2008 BMW M3s
Country flag
Any chance you passed through North Marin on the 101 a few days back? Think I might've saw you! Or at least first Neptune I've seen in the wild. Excited since mine's due in Sept
No that wasn't me. I've only driven it in the East Bay so far.

Funny thing is I hadn't seen a Neptune Blue in person. The day I went to the dealer to do paperwork and look at the car, someone else was taking delivery of a Neptune Blue Taycan!

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have had a lot of thumbs up and positive comments as well as those that are surprised it is all-electric. Mine is, as far as I know, the first in the area where I live. We do have a lot of AMG and M3s, but that is to be expected since the main employer in the area is an Army base. A few Lambos, other Porsches, and Bentleys, but no Taycans :cool:

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 1653603481450

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
My cherry red CT4 gets quite a bit of attention. Only car that came close was my original Boxster, a woman actually got out of the car in front of me at a traffic light to tell me she loved my Boxster (Back in 1998, there were very few Boxsters back then)

taycan_sportturismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW 320i xDrive
So what you all are saying is that my Acid Green GTS isn't going to be fly under the radar with people? Dang, who would have thought
These are the type of people we need speccing these cars! Enough black, white, gray, and silver with all these fantastic PTS colors :rock: I am a big fan of greens but prefer darker greens like Racing Green Metallic.

On another note, after reading though some of the earlier posts in this thread, I'm saddened by the people who don't want attention with a car like a Porsche, or any exotic/car with a following. I mean c'mon! There are people who dream of owning these things and there's a reason they have a cult following. Step up and be the inspiration for those people!

I can understand those who don't want the attention and appreciate the car for the way it drives. It's probably tiring to constantly get reactions if you're just trying to drive somewhere. Really, it just so happens that some cars come with more than you bargained for, and I'm not talking about options ;)

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Haha we definitely say Leccy up in the North East of England. Its not scouse exclusive :CWL:
You just gave us a license plate idea ...

Sushivore

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I rarely notice any special attention for my 4S, but yesterday a woman walked up and informed me (in a lighthearted way) that that she could take me with her Mode1 3. I laughed and agreed, it turns out she has had owned a lot of cool cars and she just placed a deposit on a Rivian SUV.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
These are the type of people we need speccing these cars! Enough black, white, gray, and silver with all these fantastic PTS colors :rock: I am a big fan of greens but prefer darker greens like Racing Green Metallic.

On another note, after reading though some of the earlier posts in this thread, I'm saddened by the people who don't want attention with a car like a Porsche, or any exotic/car with a following. I mean c'mon! There are people who dream of owning these things and there's a reason they have a cult following. Step up and be the inspiration for those people!

I can understand those who don't want the attention and appreciate the car for the way it drives. It's probably tiring to constantly get reactions if you're just trying to drive somewhere. Really, it just so happens that some cars come with more than you bargained for, and I'm not talking about options ;)
Ha, it's definitely a choice that I'm still not 100% is the right thing to do, but obviously no turning back now that it's on the ship crossing the ocean. Granted, if I did it all over again, I'd probably go for Mint Green, the generated images didn't seem to capture how saturated it looks in real photos, and it's definitely stunning IMO.

This experience will definitely influence whether or not I go for PTS in the future though. For now, I honestly can't wait to find the first person trying to snag a picture of it in a parking lot as I come back with groceries. Going to daily drive the heck out of it and hopefully love every second.

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Living here in western Canada (not on the coast), there are NOT many EV's around. My region does not have any gov't subsidies for EV's, because we're the oil producing centre of Canada. I won't get into the political science angle of it, but it's pretty much ass-backwards to every other jurisdiction in Canada.

In Edmonton, there are literally only 6-7 Taycans. I know because I confirmed this through (a) my own sightings and (b) the local Porsche dealer. They are a rare breed in a city of 1.1 million and way to many cowboys & pick-up trucks.

Without exaggeration, EVERY SINGLE TIME I take my Taycan 4S out for errands, a date with my GF, a regular daily drive, I constantly get attention. My GF thinks it's a total riot and encourages my bad behaviour.

Typical: "Thumbs-up! Hey, nice car!"

And of course, the red light "LET'S SEE WHO HAS THE LARGER REPRODUCTIVE ORGANS". Typically boy racers / hoonigans, but also muscle-car and power-hungry dudes in Dodge Challengers, Camaros, BMWs, MBs, you name it.

Every single time I pull up to a red light and a muscle car pulls up next to me, I groan: "Oh no. Please don't. I really don't want to embarrass your wife/GF." And inevitably -- I do.

Here's a real feather in my hat: a motorcyclist (at a red light) wanted a drag. Crotch rocket. I left him in the dust. Even I was astonished. He gave me a thumbs-up at the next stop light, but I was honestly shocked. :)

Here's my trouble-maker (and GOD I love this car!):

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. L1001224

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I live in Kentucky and although it's a politically anti EV region, I still get a lot of thumbs up, smiles and stares.

I have Volcano Grey because I use it for work and my Japanese shareholders would disapprove, but a big part of me wishes I had a deep green or violet.

To the previous poster.....please don't get your hopes up too much on motorcycles. Not sure if it was the rider, or a smaller cc bike, but I have three totally stock Ducati's that even I can do a sub 3 second 0-100 (0-60mph) time on. Here's a partial collection pic...
Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. 20170923_125220 (2)

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I live in Kentucky and although it's a politically anti EV region, I still get a lot of thumbs up, smiles and stares.

I have Volcano Grey because I use it for work and my Japanese shareholders would disapprove, but a big part of me wishes I had a deep green or violet.

To the previous poster.....please don't get your hopes up too much on motorcycles. Not sure if it was the rider, or a smaller cc bike, but I have three totally stock Ducati's that even I can do a sub 3 second 0-100 (0-60mph) time on. Here's a partial collection pic...
20170923_125220 (2).jpg
Fastest bikes 0-60 The Taycan Turbo S would beat most of these (even if they had a perfect launch). The fastest Ducati 0-60 I was able to find took 2.6 seconds 0-60.

However, I should say that 0-60 times aren't my primary consideration when buying a car. It if were the <2.0 second Tesla Plaid would have been in the running. I've been riding bikes for about 50 years, but since I've turned 72 my better half has put her foot down and I'm only permitted to ride crusiers now :(

Now I consider the 1.5 second Bentley to be almost obscene, as I'm sure the price will be 🤣