I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis.

Finesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cherry Metallic
Country flag
Another comment: I get comments from every sociodemographic. Aged hippies, hoonigans, young women, gear heads, truck drivers. Always positive. :)

Another glamour shot:

_2022 06 FOTO - 1.jpeg
Loving all the glamour shots! I have this same color on order and I'm beaming everytime I come across your shot. Great angles. CAN.NOT.WAIT!!!

FrozenRobert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S Cherry Red
Country flag
Thanks very much! Appreciate the compliments! Cherry Red Metallic is not a common colour and I absolutely love it.

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
A bloke flagged me down in the supermarket carpark the other week. I thought he was going to go on about what an amazing car I own but instead he said "why is your car so quiet?"

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
A bloke flagged me down in the supermarket carpark the other week. I thought he was going to go on about what an amazing car I own but instead he said "why is your car so quiet?"
Just tell him you had the exhaust system removed. Apparently, it's pretty noisy.

BurntToast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1986 944 turbo and 2022 Taycan GTS (soon)
Country flag
Having my Taycan for nearly two months, I'm surprised at how little attention it gets. A few thumbs up here and there but nothing significant. There aren't many Taycans where I live, so it's not common to see them around. <shrug>

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
One thing I've noticed- another instance today- the majority of the strangers who express interest in /admiration of the car are in the 60+ age group. I'd like to think that's because they're old enough to not be shy about expressing an opinion...but maybe they just identify with other grey-haired retirees who've recently joined their demographic. I guess I'm not down with da kidz anymore.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Young kids take pictures of my Chalk RWD all the time. At chargers and parking lots young people have yelled out “nice car” Driving by.
We have been surprised how much notice this car gets.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
One thing I've noticed- another instance today- the majority of the strangers who express interest in /admiration of the car are in the 60+ age group. I'd like to think that's because they're old enough to not be shy about expressing an opinion...but maybe they just identify with other grey-haired retirees who've recently joined their demographic. I guess I'm not down with da kidz anymore.
I get men, women and children of all ages who wave, thumbs up, gawk, take video, take photos, and engage me in conversation about this car. My wife and kids are so confused by this but I tell them it’s a thing that happens with this type of car. I live in Austin where there is no shortage of nice vehicles but the Taycan Cross Turismo just looks so special.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I get men, women and children of all ages who wave, thumbs up, gawk, take video, take photos, and engage me in conversation about this car. My wife and kids are so confused by this but I tell them it’s a thing that happens with this type of car. I live in Austin where there is no shortage of nice vehicles but the Taycan Cross Turismo just looks so special.
Nice! I need to up my game. Perhaps hack my EVWSS so it plays Greensleeves, that'd attract the kids (but probably only in the UK).

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I get lots of attention from all ages, most notably, young people 12-25ish. They love the car. Funny because we’ve been told that generation doesn’t like cars.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
I live in Kentucky and although it's a politically anti EV region, I still get a lot of thumbs up, smiles and stares.

I have Volcano Grey because I use it for work and my Japanese shareholders would disapprove, but a big part of me wishes I had a deep green or violet.

To the previous poster.....please don't get your hopes up too much on motorcycles. Not sure if it was the rider, or a smaller cc bike, but I have three totally stock Ducati's that even I can do a sub 3 second 0-100 (0-60mph) time on. Here's a partial collection pic...
20170923_125220 (2).jpg
Ha…I used to live in KY. It never made any sense seeing “We Support Coal Miners”bumper stickers on the F-350 mall trucks and SUV’s.

if they really supported col miners, shouldn’t they be driving EV’s?

O2TheL

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of Ducati, LR Defender, Audi S5, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ha…I used to live in KY. It never made any sense seeing “We Support Coal Miners”bumper stickers on the F-350 mall trucks and SUV’s.

if they really supported col miners, shouldn’t they be driving EV’s?
Exactly!!!

I blanked out the "friends of coal" label for a cleaner look, but really I'm way more of a coal supporter

Porsche Taycan I am genuinely shocked by how much attention this car attracts on a daily basis. Taycan rear

evn00b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, '14 Lexus IS, '22 Hyundai Palisade
Country flag
Mostly the car doesn’t get much attention in the California Bay Area.

Few weeks ago, had a lady walk up to me while I was sitting in the car in a Costco parking lot. She wanted to ask whether the Taycan was a better car than the Tesla Plaid (which her husband owned and was heavily recommending to her). I managed to convince her that given she lives in the mountains, driving a wannabe dragster with shopping cart brakes was not a good idea and the Taycan was a safer, better choice.

Another time, a fellow shopper stopped his Model Y behind me as I was loading groceries from Whole Foods and asked was I happy with the car and what kind of range I was getting. His face kinda fell when I told him I was getting 310-320 miles on full charge (possibly due to dawning realization that reality was different from Teslaverse).

Then another time we pulled into an apartment complex in East Bay to visit a friend and a huge crowd of Indian and Pakistani kids descended on the car and kept calling their friends to take a look. Ended up talking about the car and it’s features to about 50 excited kids. Funny thing is a bunch of these kids (7-12 year olds) already knew a lot about EVs and asked some smart questions about how regen works and effective battery capacity. Most adults have much less clue about these things - including even my boss and owner of said EV.

And as of last week, saw another Taycan (GTS; volcano grey or chalk or similar) driving by us on CA 85N right before the Saratoga Ave exit with a shitfaced grin pasted across his face. If that person is reading this, nice to meet you 😊

Last edited:

Taycandogbus

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport T on order
Country flag
Had our Taycan Turbo S CT for a week now, I reckon it gets more attention than my old GT3 RS and current GT4 combined. Had someone chase me round the car park to tell me how much they don't like Porsches yet loved my Taycan, especially the colour" (Neptune Blue)

oooh can you post a biccie desperate to see it in person but event been able to see any Neptune blue in the flesh :))
Sponsored