I am just stunned

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
The car is not necessarily drivable with a broken A/C because it is also used for battery cooling. Overheated battery results in turtle mode.
It might also not be chargeable as reported in other threads because the battery cannot be cooled during charging.
I stand corrected. I thought the A/C for batteries was separate from cabin cooling.
Sponsored

Jaydoc

First Name
Judith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Targa, Taycan on order
Country flag
I purchased a Taycan 4S about one month ago from Chandler Porsche (AZ). $150k and now a couple thousand miles on it. On my trip (104F) from Palm Springs to Phoenix my AC died. Tried everything with help from tech service at dealer. When after hours of an extremely hot drive I was told at the Chandler dealer that the pressure of the AC system is extremely high either due to faulty AC pump and or pressure regulator. Besides the fact that I dont understand something like this can fail so quickly I was even more surprised that it will take 3 weeks to get the parts to repair this. I have now been stuck in Phoenix without any loaner car for 3 days or any help from either the dealer or Porsche NA. 2 be honest I am really shocked with this complete lack of service. Just stunning. Pls be careful buying a car from Porsche cause a $150k purschase gets less service than a Honda Civic. I have purchased premium cars for 30 years. I have never received such complete lack of service or interest.

Wow, I thought Porsche North Scottsdale was bad, but at least they provide loaners!

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I purchased a Taycan 4S about one month ago from Chandler Porsche (AZ). $150k and now a couple thousand miles on it. On my trip (104F) from Palm Springs to Phoenix my AC died. Tried everything with help from tech service at dealer. When after hours of an extremely hot drive I was told at the Chandler dealer that the pressure of the AC system is extremely high either due to faulty AC pump and or pressure regulator. Besides the fact that I dont understand something like this can fail so quickly I was even more surprised that it will take 3 weeks to get the parts to repair this. I have now been stuck in Phoenix without any loaner car for 3 days or any help from either the dealer or Porsche NA. 2 be honest I am really shocked with this complete lack of service. Just stunning. Pls be careful buying a car from Porsche cause a $150k purschase gets less service than a Honda Civic. I have purchased premium cars for 30 years. I have never received such complete lack of service or interest.
my experience with Porsche as a company has been awful. We keep getting warning lights including some new messages this week. All Porsche keeps telling me to do is take it to the dealer and, when they have taken information and promised to call back, they haven’t. From constant issues with electrify America to dealers who don’t answer their phones (had two different dealers this week whose service lines just hung up repeatedly) and more. Today, I have a tire pressure warning message saying I’m 5 pounds low in one tire but the Porsche Connext app says it’s fine but shows a different tire being a couple of pounds low while the connect app says it’s ok. Called Porsche connect and got transferred five times all to the wrong department. It’s amazing bad organization.

The car itself is great to drive but their electronics are messed up and their service worse.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
my experience with Porsche as a company has been awful. We keep getting warning lights including some new messages this week. All Porsche keeps telling me to do is take it to the dealer and, when they have taken information and promised to call back, they haven’t. From constant issues with electrify America to dealers who don’t answer their phones (had two different dealers this week whose service lines just hung up repeatedly) and more. Today, I have a tire pressure warning message saying I’m 5 pounds low in one tire but the Porsche Connext app says it’s fine but shows a different tire being a couple of pounds low while the connect app says it’s ok. Called Porsche connect and got transferred five times all to the wrong department. It’s amazing bad organization.

The car itself is great to drive but their electronics are messed up and their service worse.
Just ignore the tire pressure in the app. I didn't even know it was there until I read this post.

Bear

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, Toyota Highlander. CT4 Ordered
Country flag
I'm stunned, too, Peter. Porsche Chandler is a "2021 Premier Dealer," which, according to their website, makes them one of the 25 "best" dealers in the USA. Did they not offer a loaner at all? What reason did they give for not offering one? I have a 2021 Taycan on order from Porsche Chandler and this news makes me very uneasy. They confidently told me that they would always make a loaner available to me if I needed one.

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
This warrrants a call or email to Porsche Cara of America They need to get on that dealer.

JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
My AC has also failed, last week. The dealer is picking up the car tomorrow, but they are out of loaners until the end of October.....amazing. What I find out is that I can have an "appointment" with "service", but that does not mean an appointment with a tech. There is no telling when a tech will see my car, so it will sit in the parking lot for some amount of time. This could be as simple as a bad o-ring or worse.....but, why they can't quickly diagnose, order parts and then park the car while waiting.....or return it to me so I can use it (I live in Portland, very mild weather) is difficult to understand. I am pretty disappointed as I had very high expectations for service. This will be the car's third trip to the dealer in 5 months. So far, it has been in the dealers hands for 14 days.

JohnM2

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
Update: Dealer came through with a loaner. Great!

My AC has also failed, last week. The dealer is picking up the car tomorrow, but they are out of loaners until the end of October.....amazing. What I find out is that I can have an "appointment" with "service", but that does not mean an appointment with a tech. There is no telling when a tech will see my car, so it will sit in the parking lot for some amount of time. This could be as simple as a bad o-ring or worse.....but, why they can't quickly diagnose, order parts and then park the car while waiting.....or return it to me so I can use it (I live in Portland, very mild weather) is difficult to understand. I am pretty disappointed as I had very high expectations for service. This will be the car's third trip to the dealer in 5 months. So far, it has been in the dealers hands for 14 days.

Bear

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, Toyota Highlander. CT4 Ordered
Country flag
Good news! (kudos to Porsche Chandler)

RehobothTaycan1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I can empathize. My 2021 Taycan (2300 miles) has been at the dealership 2.5 weeks now waiting on a new brake module. The dealership (Porsche Conshohocken) has not once proactively reached out during this time to inform me of status. I received a text from the dealership to use to communicate with the service advisor, but texts are not returned and neither are calls. I have to end up calling directly to the service department and asking someone else for a status. I get that there are supply chain issues and parts are taking longer than normal right now, but it’s the total lack of care that’s really disappointing. I’ll probably not have my car for over a month and the dealership has acted like this is just par for the course. I’ve also written to Porsche NA, as I’m not happy making Taycan level payments on a Cayenne loaner (and, I’m not an SUV guy, which makes the waiting game even worse). So far, no response from Porsche NA, but its only been a few days.
Update - the new brake module arrived on Monday. The dealership quickly installed and then the service manager drove it home with him to make sure the issue was resolved.

I live just under 2 hours from the dealership, so they proactively offered to bring the car to me and pick up the loaner, which was great. The car arrived home yesterday (Thursday).

I’ve driven the car a few times and can happily report the issue seems resolved and the brakes feel normal again. The brake issues started right after the latest AMB5 recall update was made to the car. Not sure if the two are connected, but I wasn’t having any trouble with the brakes before that

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
A lot of taycan parts are either on back order, or in Germany. Some parts are in the states, but not many. We've had 3 taycans come in for collision repairs and it's been about 1 to 3 weeks wait for parts. Some with eta of 6 to 8 weeks.

Porsche Taycan I am just stunned 20210901_091750

Porsche Taycan I am just stunned 20211007_152859

• Wow
Reactions: B61

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Even the best engineered cars can have components fail at low mileage.
If this is a rare occurrence, Porsche should easily cover a nice loaner. If this happens a lot, I can see this becoming prohibitively expensive, but if so, is buying a Porsche as your primary car without having a spare one to drive when it fails a good idea?

The 3 week delay for parts is unfortunately a combination of supply chain issues and buying a car built in Germany.
That sounds like an excuse. There are enough Taycans sold in the USA for Porsche to store a small parts cache in some central warehouse in the USA somewhere, then ship the parts overnight where needed. I get that Porsche would rather use each part to sell a new car than repair one that failed, but come on, why not stock a couple of every part on this side of the ocean? Of course, this again is based on the premise that the failures are rare. If there are hundreds of Taycans failing each day, well, then this doesn't scale.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
A lot of taycan parts are either on back order, or in Germany. Some parts are in the states, but not many. We've had 3 taycans come in for collision repairs and it's been about 1 to 3 weeks wait for parts. Some with eta of 6 to 8 weeks.

20210901_091750.jpg

20211007_152859.jpg
Wow, that's starting to approach Tesla parts supply timelines (pre-COVID).

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
If this is a rare occurrence, Porsche should easily cover a nice loaner. If this happens a lot, I can see this becoming prohibitively expensive, but if so, is buying a Porsche as your primary car without having a spare one to drive when it fails a good idea?

That sounds like an excuse. There are enough Taycans sold in the USA for Porsche to store a small parts cache in some central warehouse in the USA somewhere, then ship the parts overnight where needed. I get that Porsche would rather use each part to sell a new car than repair one that failed, but come on, why not stock a couple of every part on this side of the ocean? Of course, this again is based on the premise that the failures are rare. If there are hundreds of Taycans failing each day, well, then this doesn't scale.
Honestly, warranty parts are actually shipped overnight. The only time it doesn't ship overnight is Sunday. It just takes 1-3 weeks to get here because of fedex shipping logistics. Most of the time, it just gets stuck at the port, or fedex central hub in Memphis. What makes it longer Is when it gets stuck trying to clear customs.
Sponsored