• Total voters

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Nope. Just the got the box with signed letter, pen, hardcover book, tri-fold marketing piece.
Sponsored

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
What was the timing on your "gifts (pen, paperweight, etc)" from when you took delivery of the car? My brother bought a CPO Boxster in the summer and just received a box with pen and personalized card with emergency contact info and a book on the history of Porsche.

Nothing received on my end with my new Taycan!
My box with hardcover book & pen came in August. Letter was dated June 4th. Delivery was 5/29.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
My box with hardcover book & pen came in August. Letter was dated June 4th. Delivery was 5/29.
Sounds like similar timing to my brother so I am too early to be expecting it! lol

Silveral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have one for my Pana ST too
Porsche should allow you to order one per Porsche you owned from new, just providing the VIN. Nice way to make more money....charge me $200 for a nice paperweight with my name on.....

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
What was the timing on your "gifts (pen, paperweight, etc)" from when you took delivery of the car? My brother bought a CPO Boxster in the summer and just received a box with pen and personalized card with emergency contact info and a book on the history of Porsche.

Nothing received on my end with my new Taycan!
Before and after - randomly

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I didn't realise they did those in white. I got a black one for my Panamera – looks like a lump of coal.
Same here. I have a black one from my Macan. Turned up in the post a few weeks after the car.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I heard that late pen deliveries are due to the pen spring shortage…
Interesting since my pen is twist operation - no spring.

Kinney

First Name
Kinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Targa 4, Sport Turismo 4S, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche mailed me a Taycan pen:

IMG_0317.jpeg

Interestingly, you can't use it for writing. There's no ink in it.

On a somewhat related note, the Taycan is equipped with a pen holder in the glove compartment. The holder successfully holds all pens except the Taycan pen. The Taycan pen pops out because the writing-side of the pen is slightly too fat for the holder:

IMG_0318.jpeg

The fact that the pen fails at the one thing it was designed to do, and can't properly fit in a Taycan-specific pen holder leads me to believe that the pen was in fact designed by Electrify America.

I'm going to the dealership and will inquire about lemon-lawing the pen. They may assume I'm mentally ill and simply give me a new pen - hopefully one that actually has ink.

Please answer the attached poll question and let me know how things are going with your Taycan pen.

Kinney

First Name
Kinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Porsche mailed me a Taycan pen:

IMG_0317.jpeg

Interestingly, you can't use it for writing. There's no ink in it.

On a somewhat related note, the Taycan is equipped with a pen holder in the glove compartment. The holder successfully holds all pens except the Taycan pen. The Taycan pen pops out because the writing-side of the pen is slightly too fat for the holder:

IMG_0318.jpeg

The fact that the pen fails at the one thing it was designed to do, and can't properly fit in a Taycan-specific pen holder leads me to believe that the pen was in fact designed by Electrify America.

I'm going to the dealership and will inquire about lemon-lawing the pen. They may assume I'm mentally ill and simply give me a new pen - hopefully one that actually has ink.

Please answer the attached poll question and let me know how things are going with your Taycan pen.

Kinney

First Name
Kinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Pertaining to your pen, you wrote, "Interestingly, you can't use it for writing. There's no ink in it." There probably is ink in the pen. Did you check its battery? If it is low, I recommend a CTEK PEN US Battery Tender.
Sponsored