ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Another Taycan on the road in the UK. Yiannimize of Carwow purchased a Turbo S, the life of a youtube content producer. ;)

I Bought a Porsche Taycan Turbo S to Crush Mat Watson on Carwow!
Yiannimize

Several misspoken things like needing Sport Chrono on display to do Launch Control, you don't even need Sport Chrono feature, just need to be in Sport or Sport+.
Also saying the Sport Response button, which is the small button available on fossil Porsches to enable a Time limited over boost. The feature is not available on this car. But will be interesting to see the future videos.
Sponsored

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
His main business is car wrapping and he charges a fortune to a select few. He’s been on mainstream tv in the UK, with cameras following his car wrapping business.
His collection of cars is impressive mind.

I was a bit shocked at some of the comments the sales advisor said too. Like the electric charging port cover being on an option on this model. It’s not in the UK. Other than that I was hoping to see more of the car and less of those two. it is, after all, a very similar spec to mine.

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Next video, abuse of 16 staff members. :cool:

All 16 Electric Staff Reactions to Porsche Taycan Acceleration!
Yiannimize

OP
OP
ron_b

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
And to close this chapter.

Funny it's really boiled down to two reasons and charging infrastructure is bottom of the list. the car is just not outrageous enough for his lifestyle.

Why I Sold My Taycan After Just TWO Months!
Yiannimize

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I kind of understand where he is coming from but I think he should have given it more time. I have been driving my Turbo now for a few days. I absolutely love the car but dare I say it, it lacks some soul. However it’s only been a few days and with time and once my pcm issues are done I will think differently

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
I was a bit shocked at some of the comments the sales advisor said too.
That’s my sales advisor. Terrible experience so far with Porsche. Awful communications. Feel like they’re doing me a favour selling me the car!

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I kind of understand where he is coming from but I think he should have given it more time. I have been driving my Turbo now for a few days. I absolutely love the car but dare I say it, it lacks some soul. However it’s only been a few days and with time and once my pcm issues are done I will think differently
I also understand where he is coming from. I have had my Turbo now for 7 months and 5100 km (3000+ miles). And if I completely disregard all the issues with Apps, Software, PCM and 12 volt battery issues I still agree. These sw issues can be sorted but when? Porsche and VW are not known for these kind of problem solving.

Yes it is very surefooted and planted
Yes it is very fast and accelerates violently
Yes it corners very sharply
Yes it has a great ride quality

BUT...
It does not feel special for a 175k Euro car. It lacks the WOW factor.
The Launch control is great for the first dozen times but then...
And Red Light races can soon enough earn you a room without any comfort in a state “hotel””
The build quality is ok but has rattles in doors and speakers.
More time at the service department than my 21 year old 996 apart from routine service.
The leather work even with Olea leather is ok but nothing to write home about. Stitching etc is not up to standard in this price class.

I am well aware that this is very personal reflections but having driven many super cars and owning a few still, this is my view.

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I also understand where he is coming from. I have had my Turbo now for 7 months and 5100 km (3000+ miles). And if I completely disregard all the issues with Apps, Software, PCM and 12 volt battery issues I still agree. These sw issues can be sorted but when? Porsche and VW are not known for these kind of problem solving.

Yes it is very surefooted and planted
Yes it is very fast and accelerates violently
Yes it corners very sharply
Yes it has a great ride quality

BUT...
It does not feel special for a 175k Euro car. It lacks the WOW factor.
The Launch control is great for the first dozen times but then...
And Red Light races can soon enough earn you a room without any comfort in a state “hotel””
The build quality is ok but has rattles in doors and speakers.
More time at the service department than my 21 year old 996 apart from routine service.
The leather work even with Olea leather is ok but nothing to write home about. Stitching etc is not up to standard in this price class.

I am well aware that this is very personal reflections but having driven many super cars and owning a few still, this is my view.
Like a super hot gf who is amazing at everything but has no banter or general chat
Sponsored