I can now relate to the settings frustration

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
After reading about the unpredictability of settings for months, I got my Taycan Turbo S MY2021 on Friday and after two days I'm as frustrated as everyone else. I can't seem to save certain settings....
- I want regeneration on by default. Can't find how to set.
- I want sound off (Star Wars sound) on Sports Plus by default. It resets every time
- I don't want the steering wheel, seats and rear defrosters on unless I need them yet every time I turn on the car they all turn on (is cold here). Inside the garage I dont need any of those so I have 4 things to turn off every time I get in the car. Can't find how to change that.
- Every time I get in the car the rightmost dial on the dash behind the wheel is yellow ready to be modified. Why?
- I can't find any button anywhere other than the media screen to skip a song. So if I have map or Waze on the screen I need to get off it go to Media, whichever Im using, skip, and then get back to map or Waze. Why?
- Half the time I get in the car, car play is missing because there is no device connected even tho the iPhone is connected and shows up on the screen and I can make calls.

Maybe there are ways to set these things or fix the inconsistency but I haven't found them. I welcome any suggestions if anyone found a way to set these settings. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
can't find any button anywhere other than the media screen to skip a song. So if I have map or Waze on the screen I need to get off it go to Media, whichever Im using, skip, and then get back to map or Waze. Why?
you can “map/set” one of the two “diamond” buttons to be “skip track” - the one on the dash console or the one on the steering wheel.

the rest of your complaints are also valid, and at this time I’m unaware of any fixes or work arounds— maybe a future software update? or I’m missing something.

I have my two “diamond” buttons programmed as follows:

dash button (right side next to 3rd dial below the raise suspension) = homelink
steering wheel button (left side - 9 o’clock spoke) = skip track

as far as I’m concerned that is the ONLY correct configuration for these two buttons and anyone else using a different setup is weak and pathetic and should be downgraded to a Tesla Plaid Model S and provided therapy for their egregious lack of taste style and inappropriate thoughts :p - but I might be wrong.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 600LT, Nissan GTR, Tesla P100D, MiniCooper Cooper limited edition, Taycan Turbo S (ordered), Giulia Quadrafoglio
Country flag
Yeah, that has been my short term fix, use the programable button to turn off the sound. Just annoying they dont let you set the settings! My dealer said "everything is programable to your identity". Not really....

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Hyundai Pallisade
Nice! Yeah, I programmed the buttons to do Homelink and to turn the electric sound off and on. I’ve always got my media up on the screen by default, so i skip there but i do feel your frustration on many of these. You can’t change the by default for the regen or electric sound unfortunately. Switching to sports mode, it resets those to the default For each of those modes.

The highlighted dash display, yeah, i don’t know of a way to change it’s default behavior.

As for the heating/pre heating, I’m pretty sure you can set those in the Porsche connect app. In the climate setting, I turn the individual seats on or off as needed for preheating and it works fine for me. You should be able to turn all the seats off and the steering wheel as well in there. Then it will only heat the car to your preferred temperature.

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag
As for the heating/pre heating, I’m pretty sure you can set those in the Porsche connect app. In the climate setting, I turn the individual seats on or off as needed for preheating and it works fine for me. You should be able to turn all the seats off and the steering wheel as well in there. Then it will only heat the car to your preferred temperature.
I think this is actually a setting in the PCM - from memory, it's called something like Preheat on Unlock. Took me a while to find it.

Reactions: Dee

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
dash button (right side next to 3rd dial below the raise suspension) = homelink
I thought this would be my use for this button too – but the "show when at this gps location" works super well for me – even when exiting my underground garage that has poor signal (gps & gsm). Is there something I'm missing?

okkotonushi

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Porsche 992S, Genesis GV60
Country flag
I think this is actually a setting in the PCM - from memory, it's called something like Preheat on Unlock. Took me a while to find it.
You know where I can find it? I'm not sure...

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks! I set the preheat precooling to off. Now if I could find how to skip songs without having to go to a CarPlay screen, find the musing app, find the controls and skip.... Every car I have ever owned has skip buttons somewhere on the dash, the center media controls of the steering wheel....

4STOY

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, F150, 718 GTS 4.0, 911 TTS
Country flag
My Diamond button on the wheel is programmed for next track/song. I am not sure that will work in CarPlay. Instrument cluster Diamond for Sport Sound.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Diamond button on the wheel is programmed for next track/song. I am not sure that will work in CarPlay. Instrument cluster Diamond for Sport Sound.
Good idea, will try it. I have the diamond on the wheel for the sound, but change to skip song and then move the song to the dash.

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I don’t have my car yet so don’t know how well it works, but can you use the voice commands “hey Porsche, next song”? Although I have seen reviews where people turn that off because it overreacts.

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t have my car yet so don’t know how well it works, but can you use the voice commands “hey Porsche, next song”? Although I have seen reviews where people turn that off because it overreacts.
Not sure if anybody uses hey Porsche. I found it impossible to have a conversation in the car, it always thought I was saying hey Porsche when I wasn’t.

OP
OP
Alemany

Alemany

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well my experience is you can’t say hey Porsche next track. You have to say hey Porsche and wait about three days for it to react and become available to receive your command. Then you can say next song but by then the old song has ended. (And yes sarcasm in my post. Doesn’t take 3 days. But it can take up to 45 seconds). ?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Well my experience is you can’t say hey Porsche next track. You have to say hey Porsche and wait about three days for it to react and become available to receive your command. Then you can say next song but by then the old song has ended. (And yes sarcasm in my post. Doesn’t take 3 days. But it can take up to 45 seconds). ?
Well, that doesn’t sound fun. That sounds more frustrating than it is worth - by the time it processes next track you will be on the next track and skip the song you didn’t intend to skip. Diamond button it is!

The benefit for me is that I am learning these things before getting my car. I appreciate your sacrifice :)
Sponsored