I can now relate to the settings frustration

hshm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
anyone else using a different setup is weak and pathetic and should be downgraded to a Tesla Plaid Model S and provided therapy for their egregious lack of taste style and inappropriate thoughts
Well, that escalated quickly.
Sponsored

taycantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model X, 2020 Taycan 4S+
Country flag
My Diamond button on the wheel is programmed for next track/song. I am not sure that will work in CarPlay. Instrument cluster Diamond for Sport Sound.
It works in CarPlay too.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
After reading about the unpredictability of settings for months, I got my Taycan Turbo S MY2021 on Friday and after two days I'm as frustrated as everyone else. I can't seem to save certain settings....
- I want regeneration on by default. Can't find how to set.
- I want sound off (Star Wars sound) on Sports Plus by default. It resets every time
- I don't want the steering wheel, seats and rear defrosters on unless I need them yet every time I turn on the car they all turn on (is cold here). Inside the garage I dont need any of those so I have 4 things to turn off every time I get in the car. Can't find how to change that.
- Every time I get in the car the rightmost dial on the dash behind the wheel is yellow ready to be modified. Why?
- I can't find any button anywhere other than the media screen to skip a song. So if I have map or Waze on the screen I need to get off it go to Media, whichever Im using, skip, and then get back to map or Waze. Why?
- Half the time I get in the car, car play is missing because there is no device connected even tho the iPhone is connected and shows up on the screen and I can make calls.

Maybe there are ways to set these things or fix the inconsistency but I haven't found them. I welcome any suggestions if anyone found a way to set these settings. Thanks!!!
Desire for regen option won't be met - it doesn't actually make sense as it automated in part.

Sports sound - no option to change default currently.

Rightmost dial - normal default position an indicates which tube will change should you scroll the wheel.

Seat heating, rear window heating, climate control, & rear window defrost - covered in detail elsewhere in the forum but note a) Check Porsche Connect App / My Porsche to see if you have any timers / profiles set (if so disable the pre-heat), b) check same in PCM, c) check that the preheat option isn't enabled in the PCM (vehicle settings) when the car is unlocked, is so de-select it), d) ambient temperature dependent and at around 3C these items will heat up automatically

Track skipping - correct no steering wheel option but as pointed out you can programme one of the two diamond keys OR use Siri or 'Hey Porsche' voice control to do this for you.

Car Play - could just be slow to kick into life or a configuration issue. Try removing and re-adding.

Welcome to the idiosyncrasies of the Porsche Taycan and there will be more to follow!

Enjoy.
Sponsored