Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
lou v any news on the bugs in the PCM?
Jack P
EDIT: OOPS. I MISREAD YOUR QUESTION. The answer below is “bugs I found in the Mini”. No. No news on the Porsche bugs.

——————
Yes. Of course.
1) It has Wireless CarPlay (sorry, guys), but you can’t activate it if you have already paired your phone over Bluetooth.
2) The Nav database of Charging Stations doesn’t have anything outside of the (now dead and defunct) ChargeNow network. None of the EA stations are in there.
3) If you add the car to the smartphone app But connect to USB before completing the “send a code” process, it gets added as a gas car, and you lose all the Pre-Conditioning and other remote features.

That’s all I’ve found so far.

Last edited:

Jack P

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla models
Country flag
Yes. Of course.
1) It has Wireless CarPlay (sorry, guys), but you can’t activate it if you have already paired your phone over Bluetooth.
2) The Nav database of Charging Stations doesn’t have anything outside of the (now dead and defunct) ChargeNow network. None of the EA stations are in there.
3) If you add the car to the smartphone app But connect to USB before completing the “send a code” process, it gets added as a gas car, and you lose all the Pre-Conditioning and other remote features.

That’s all I’ve found so far.
Thanks Lou. I was connected now not ...think Porsche server is a problem? Jack P

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Thanks Lou. I was connected now not ...think Porsche server is a problem? Jack P
Probably best to start a new thread with all the details. We can debug it there. (It’ll be easier for others to find if ... when they have similar problems)

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Taycan T arriving this week. Last week had a "touchless" delivery of my wife's new X3 hybrid built in South Carolina. It replaces our old X1. About 20 miles all electric but really smooth when switching to ICE. Should be great for both short trips to the market, if that ever becomes the normal again and great for road trips. The Taycan? Just for fun and since road trips are a n0-n0 for the foreseeable future I am very happy with the 2 cars in the garage.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice - the Mini looks very cool! I’m thinking about getting one of those for my better half next year. Both of us have short/no commutes after C19 has us WFH indefinitely and would love to go all electric and save our SUV for the kids to drive in a couple of years.
Sponsored