I guess my PCM missed home?

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
I don't know what is worst, the bug itself, the fact that they know about it and they do not (maybe cannot) fix it, or the fact they consider it normal...
I have had dozens of Windows computers, Macs, Phones, TVs and other devices in a foreign language, and neither had this issue. How hard is to load a setting on the proper time?
Not marginalizing this. But my Garmin Fenix 6X Pro is, by default, English-speaking. Upon software updates, sometimes and very seldom, some texts appear in English rather than in the selected language (Deutsch) - probably due to the fact, that newly added features where not translated. Not related to loading timing issues - yet it's happening.
But it is to be recognized, that a German speaker is being hit less hard by an unexpected English text than vice versa.
Beyond that - I'm surprised how much internationalization (I18N) across all the consumer products advanced. I consider it challenging to provide 10/20+ cultures/languages in a product, beyond GUI including speech recognition as well.
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The problem for Taycans is not missing translation for some words because sometimes in the same car it shows in the correct language or other Taycans display the correct language.
Read again the TSB I shared earlier in this thread, Porsche themselves say it is an issue with loading the language selection setting.

AMERCY

First Name
Christof
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan '19 (Crayon), Taycan 4S+ '21 (Black)
Country flag
The problem for Taycans is not missing translation for some words because sometimes in the same car it shows in the correct language or other Taycans display the correct language.
Read again the TSB I shared earlier in this thread, Porsche themselves say it is an issue with loading the language selection setting.
Got that. Just hinting, that for varying reasons, things like that happen in our tech world.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Sounds like their software engineers need an introduction to the concept of semaphores.

News Flash: Race conditions are in fact bugs.