I had my 4S for 3 weeks, and now I am replacing it!

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
Hey,

I had my 4S for almost a month now and I am returning it to the dealer.

Why you ask?

Because I want faster!!! I put in an order for a Turbo S :) it’s coming in January.

I only had to pay €25000 (my 4S was well equipped) so the difference wasn’t that huge. It also ads around €200 to my monthly lease but that’s ok for me.

Here’s the build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQLMM16
Sponsored

Gubbjaevel

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TaycanT'20
Country flag
Yep. Went from 4S to Turbo. Financially Im not sure it was right.. but in my mind... no doubt about it.
Way to go, well done, and good luck!
Vi kanske ses på bana 2021? f

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
When did you feel the 4S was lacking in power? E.g. did you feel like you needed more power while merging, passing, etc?

Ahboram

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P
Country flag
Just finished my taycan turbo driving tour and man I'm in a huge dilemma. Can't decide if I want a turbo s or a turbo. Salesman is saying turbo s is to say you have the fastest baddest car on the streets and a turbo is more than enough power, but I feel with that logic a 4s is good enough. Wife says white with mission E tires with red interior is a must and I think the turbo s comes with all this included. Fully spec I'm looking at 177 for the turbo and 190 for the turbo s. Regardless really sold on the taycan and love the fact that porsche has these kind of events.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Just finished my taycan turbo driving tour and man I'm in a huge dilemma. Can't decide if I want a turbo s or a turbo. Salesman is saying turbo s is to say you have the fastest baddest car on the streets and a turbo is more than enough power, but I feel with that logic a 4s is good enough. Wife says white with mission E tires with red interior is a must and I think the turbo s comes with all this included. Fully spec I'm looking at 177 for the turbo and 190 for the turbo s. Regardless really sold on the taycan and love the fact that porsche has these kind of events.
I mean if you have 177 to blow on a car you have 200, right? Forums are great at spending other people's money. If you're asking here, you already know the answer you want.

OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
When did you feel the 4S was lacking in power? E.g. did you feel like you needed more power while merging, passing, etc?
I was passed by a Tesla embarrassingly easy and thought to my self “fuck it, if I can spend €170k I can spend €220k” and just drove right to the dealer :)

OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
Just go with the Turbo S. It’s not like you can “afford” the one and not the other. If you can’t afford one of them you cant really afford any of them.

Last edited:

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Just go with the Turbo S. It’s not like you can “afford” the one and not the other. If you can’t afford one of them you can really afford any of them.
This is the exact the logic that ended with my Turbo S order!!

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
I was passed by a Tesla embarrassingly easy and thought to my self “fuck it, if I can spend €170k I can spend €220k” and just drove right to the dealer :)
oh man, that sucks! my upcoming 4s was specced at €170k, now I am concerned if I should speak to my dealer for the upgrade. I would crash the 4s into the wall if I got passed by a Tesla!!

Reactions: Dee
OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
oh man, that sucks! my upcoming 4s was specced at €170k, now I am concerned if I should speak to my dealer for the upgrade. I would crash the 4s into the wall if I got passed by a Tesla!!
Yeah I mean, I thought that it wouldnt matter but it did. I know there are some crazy teslas out there with Ludacris, Plaid etc etc. But atleast on paper, they cant overtake you that easy as I was overtaken.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Yeah I mean, I thought that it wouldnt matter but it did. I know there are some crazy teslas out there with Ludacris, Plaid etc etc. But atleast on paper, they cant overtake you that easy as I was overtaken.
hmm right, think I am going to open that configurator again and see where it (the gap) lands, but I reckon it's going to be €60k-65k in addition to a fully specced Turbo S here in the Netherland.

btw the tesla ms plaid + options cost just €156k, that's a bargain! but still nay for me

Exsigs

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and defender
Country flag
The residual on the Turbo vs the 4s was so good that I got the turbo and costs worked out much the same.
The turbo s was difficlt to justify as I couldn’t see what extra speed you got in the real world other than launch control.

OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
The residual on the Turbo vs the 4s was so good that I got the turbo and costs worked out much the same.
The turbo s was difficlt to justify as I couldn’t see what extra speed you got in the real world other than launch control.
Agreed, its the launch control I want fast :)

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
Sponsored