I had my 4S for 3 weeks, and now I am replacing it!

Deleted member 2250

Hey,

I had my 4S for almost a month now and I am returning it to the dealer.

Why you ask?

Because I want faster!!! I put in an order for a Turbo S :) it’s coming in January.

I only had to pay €25000 (my 4S was well equipped) so the difference wasn’t that huge. It also ads around €200 to my monthly lease but that’s ok for me.

Here’s the build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQLMM16
Sponsored

Deleted member 2250

Congrats on the jump to the Turbo S.
I’m getting my Turbo S at the end of November & went straight there as I had a 911 Turbo S before, so wanted the extra punch. Hope you enjoy it!

Exsigs

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and defender
Country flag
Uh oh..... I’m now having second thoughts and want an S....

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
Ditto that.....and I know it's personal but I no longer get the '0-60 infatuation'....especially for something around 3 seconds. I've tracked Porsches for years and yes there's a rush when you have phenomenal straight-line acceleration but I grew out of that by the time I was 45.
Putting your right foot down requires virtually no talent or skill. Yep , monkeys can be trained to do it.
Yea it's personal, and I get the rush, but as I get older I find I derive more enjoyment from things that 'I' actually have a hand in making happen. Saving another 2 seconds in my best lap time for instance.
BTW.....it's a 4-door sedan for Pete's sake.
Just my 2 cents.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The honest truth is if you're looking for faster than a Taycan 4S it's in your head and not practical.

Are you looking for a car that is very fast & drives beautifully or are you looking for a car that makes you feel like you have a bigger -blank- than the next guy?

There are plenty of valid reasons to get a Turbo S, wanting one & being able to afford it being as good as the next, but getting a Turbo S so you can dangerously race someone in a Model S on city streets/highway is a very bad one. People get killed not only doing stuff like this but just being around people doing stuff like this, it's as bad as drunk driving.

OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
Ditto that.....and I know it's personal but I no longer get the '0-60 infatuation'....especially for something around 3 seconds. I've tracked Porsches for years and yes there's a rush when you have phenomenal straight-line acceleration but I grew out of that by the time I was 45.
Putting your right foot down requires virtually no talent or skill. Yep , monkeys can be trained to do it.
Yea it's personal, and I get the rush, but as I get older I find I derive more enjoyment from things that 'I' actually have a hand in making happen. Saving another 2 seconds in my best lap time for instance.
Just my 2 cents.
I totally agree with you on all that. I dont even race on tracks, I hate it and dont have the skills for it. And I almost NEVER go over 150 km/h in speed, I dont like high speeds, I think they are dangerous.

But acceleration, I want that :)

I am 40 btw, grew up very poor, have alot of funds saved up, so I want to endulge myself.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
If the tesla smokes you just wait for a corner ;)
:CWL:
Trouble is there aren't enough corners that challenge either car where I am from (well, not unless you are doubling the speed limit). The 4S is so superior for comfort and stability, it's no contest on that level.

Exsigs

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan and defender
Country flag
If it makes you feel better I got smoked in my Tesla model 3 performance by a bulk standard BMW the other day. Super pissed, stupid car was down to 75 miles of battery so wouldn’t let me boot it. Next day I bought the Taycan.
Also Tesla is rapid straight line but corners like a fat bird on a skateboard. The Porsche is world apart on every level and zero regrets with purchase... well other than I didn’t go for an ‘S’ but my wife’s already annoyed about all the toys I’ve got this year so didn’t want to give her another reason to divorce me.

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
Just my 2 cents.
Careful, soon you will justify driving a minivan and saying, "Well there's so much traffic, can't really get there faster anyway!"

Jancha

First Name
Janis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Cabrio (ex Taycan 4s+)
Country flag
I totally agree with you on all that. I dont even race on tracks, I hate it and dont have the skills for it. And I almost NEVER go over 150 km/h in speed, I dont like high speeds, I think they are dangerous.

But acceleration, I want that :)

I am 40 btw, grew up very poor, have alot of funds saved up, so I want to endulge myself.
go for it :) life is too short not to enjoy at max!

OP
OP
remanis

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
The honest truth is if you're looking for faster than a Taycan 4S it's in your head and not practical.

Are you looking for a car that is very fast & drives beautifully or are you looking for a car that makes you feel like you have a bigger -blank- than the next guy?

There are plenty of valid reasons to get a Turbo S, wanting one & being able to afford it being as good as the next, but getting a Turbo S so you can dangerously race someone in a Model S on city streets/highway is a very bad one. People get killed not only doing stuff like this but just being around people doing stuff like this, it's as bad as drunk driving.
You are 100% correct, it’s a mental thing, nothing else. I just want the feeling of knowing I could, but most likely, I never will :)

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
tbh I am not so much into the 0-60 thing and agree it never ends, coz someone will always come up with something better. The Taycan is more of an all-arounder with its superb handling and stability, I believe even the Taycan 4s will be doing brilliantly on the track, and that's what I attempt to do as I did with my other sports cars, but then it got me thinking why not just go straight for a Turbo S
Sponsored

Last edited: