I had my 4S for 3 weeks, and now I am replacing it!

Jared355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo s
Country flag
I can tell you since having the turbo s it just makes people curse and laugh and to me that’s pure happiness. Good decision!!
Sponsored

Tazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Turbo GT, Aventador SVJ, 812 Superfast
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
This is the truth. No matter how fast you are. You will always want to go faster. It’s like crack ?. You just have to understand that there comes a point where you need to weigh up if it’s practical and worth it.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
I am 40 btw, grew up very poor, have alot of funds saved up, so I want to endulge myself.
Good choice, I think - thumbs up. "Faster, faster... until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death ;-)."

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And funnily enough, when I was at the Porsche center last week to pick up my car from a repair, I *did* ask the dealer how much it would cost to upgrade to a Turbo :).

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Corvette C7 Stingray - What is that like to drive?

Deleted member 1697

The residual on the Turbo vs the 4s was so good that I got the turbo and costs worked out much the same.
The turbo s was difficlt to justify as I couldn’t see what extra speed you got in the real world other than launch control.
that's something I can't get .... you mean and I understand the same way : that turbo and turbo S accelerate the same way (as fast) in normal conditions (not in laugh control) ... why do people get a turbo S ???

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Corvette C7 Stingray - What is that like to drive?
All in my humble opinion, of course:
  • The C7 was the first Corvette that really had good, if not very good driving, handling, braking characteristics
  • The V8 has a great rumble and mean sound, it really is an orchestra
  • It is also nice and smooth at 250km/h on the Autobahn, not just when accelerating 0-70 km/h or 20-100.
  • I loved the removable roof
But since the T4 arrived, I have driven it maybe twice. It feels like a dinosaur now. I am yet undecided whether it is a lovable dinosaur that I should keep out of nostalgia or if it really is just a dinosaur ready for some swamp :).

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
All in my humble opinion, of course:
  • The C7 was the first Corvette that really had good, if not very good driving, handling, braking characteristics
  • The V8 has a great rumble and mean sound, it really is an orchestra
  • It is also nice and smooth at 250km/h on the Autobahn, not just when accelerating 0-70 km/h or 20-100.
  • I loved the removable roof
But since the T4 arrived, I have driven it maybe twice. It feels like a dinosaur now. I am yet undecided whether it is a lovable dinosaur that I should keep out of nostalgia or if it really is just a dinosaur ready for some swamp :).
It's funny how ICE feels after driving EV, it is difficult to go back to. I love the look of so many ICE cars including your Corvette but with resale and usability vs that of an EV, it makes them an impossible choice for me.

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Model 3 gave me a serious case of ass sweat. Anyone willing to drive around in those horrible seats is allowed beat me off the line anytime.
Haha, not something I have found but still funny. It's a love or hate thing with tesla seats, some love em some dispise em.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If you have the Turbo S you don't even have to race.
Once there was a Tesla P100D at the traffic light beside me.
He didn't even try....
Well, I thought he's not into that.
Second occasion: same thing.
That's no coincidence, come on.
I laughed and felt priceless.
It is so intimidating to put your Turbo S very slowly alongside a Tesla I suppose...
Nevertheless, I won every single time, even Ferraris and Lamborghinis, although sometimes they don't even try either... Lol. :)

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
It's funny how ICE feels after driving EV, it is difficult to go back to. ...
Can totally relate to that... had to take the BMW Touring to the shop due to a defect ABS sensor and I seriously thought something was very wrong with the whole car (noisy and jolting suspension, wobbling steering feel, very high engine & exhaust noise) - until I realised - nope... just an ordinary ICE.... I've been "ruined" from more or less exclusively driving the 4S+ this fall :)

oalsaker

First Name
Øystein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon Taycan 4s
Country flag
Two years ago I was at a red light with my car and in the next lane was a motorcycle. You can imagine the result.

russw

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Cayman S
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
Honest question: Does that also apply to the new base Taycan? 5.1 sec 0-60. I'm trying to convince myself that's OK but that Model 3 performance is really fast and 1/2 the cost of the base once you add some basic options (my build was $105k). My 981 Cayman S is faster by almost a second and is by no means fast enough. As I see all the issues around Taycan charging at EA stations I'm waiting until that's all sorted out before I'd consider a Taycan (watch the EV cannonball video from this week on YouTube). No hurry to leave the sound of my 981S as tempted as I am by shiny new toys.
Frankly, I'm surprised and a bit disappointed by the straight line performance of the 4S and base vs Tesla. Porsche seems to be just comparing performance against their ICE cars and saying "good enough" for the $120K you'd spend on the 4S. Maybe they are right but I wish they stretched themselves a bit. Obviously I know 0-60 isn't the only thing to consider and I love the Porsche driving experience and configurability so don't get defensive about that, I'm just talking about raw 0-60 here. My last three cars have been Porsche and I ordered two of them from the factory.