I had my 4S for 3 weeks, and now I am replacing it!

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
...Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring.
I'm not there yet. If I'm on a road with a high speed limit and I approach a yellow light, I'm slowing down to have fun with launch control.
Sponsored

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I'm not there yet. If I'm on a road with a high speed limit and I approach a yellow light, I'm slowing down to have fun with launch control.
Man, I wish I had roads like that around here. I've still only done one launch since getting the car in July.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

4STOY

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, F150, 718 GTS 4.0, 911 TTS
Country flag
My model 3 performance would trash any 4S but I am going for a 4S. Honestly, the number of times I actually need to go 0-60 in 3 seconds is seriously low and frankly it gets boring. I've had fast cars for a long time and anything sitting between 3-5 seconds is fast enough, trust me fast is never fast enough, if you're chasing the 0-60 thing, it will never end. My Audi S8 did the quarter-mile in under 10s and I still wasn't satisfied (it was mental), so I decided to go green and chill out a bit. 4S is plenty unless you are tracking a car, if you are doing that get a Radical! (mind you if money is no object, then what the hell :CWL: )
New Taycan 4S owner here. I traded a 2020 911 4S for it. The Taycan is not as quick, but is a pleasure to drive. Still miss that 911 though. I think I need both.:cool:

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
Hey,

I had my 4S for almost a month now and I am returning it to the dealer.

Why you ask?

Because I want faster!!! I put in an order for a Turbo S :) it’s coming in January.

I only had to pay €25000 (my 4S was well equipped) so the difference wasn’t that huge. It also ads around €200 to my monthly lease but that’s ok for me.

Here’s the build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMQLMM16
I have owned a Tesla P85D and a Tesla P100D Ludicrous, currently driving a Taycan 4S. I bought the fastest and most loaded Tesla available both times and decided after driving the Taycan Turbo S and the Taycan 4S to go with the 4S for a couple of reasons. The cost is not a little cheaper in the US , but almost $60,000 cheaper. That was significant enough for me that I bought a Tesla Model Y for my daughters instead with the "left over" $60K". The range on the 4S is significantly better and the trunk space is also better than the Turbo S. The difference in 0-60 mph times is about 1.5 seconds yes, but we are talking about differences in those times in cars that both get there in less than 4 seconds. That is fast enough that in my 4S, I have not missed the additional speed I had in my Tesla P100D, I am still quicker than 99% of cars on the road with me at most times. My P100D with forged arachnid wheels clocked 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, very similar to Taycan Turbo S. The best reason to get a Turbo S is for the pleasure of having the "Top of the Line". In real world driving day to day, the 4S is much more than adequate in performance. I spec'd my car exactly as I would have spec'd my Turbo S that I originally ordered and am so glad that I "downgraded" to the 4S. I'm usually the guy that has to have "the best", in this instance I am so happy my better judgement prevailed. I may hunger for a faster sports car at some point and then it will be time for the 911 Turbo S! Whatever you choose enjoy it and safe travels!

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I ordered a 4s since it didn't seem like the turbo and turbo S were all that different. When I "stumbled over" a Turbo before my 4s came in, I took it. I'm glad I did because it really feels quite a bit better than the 4s did in the demo test drive. In the first week I had my software upgrade and they gave me a Turbo S loaner (!)... I really didn't notice any difference from my non-S. Maybe on the track I would have, but then I don't go to the track. :) Both have incredible acceleration and comfort, and honestly, most of the time the 4s probably would have felt close to the same in most ways.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Wanting to go quicker at these kind of levels, for me, is nothing to do with practicality, it’s a case of how much money are you willing or able to spend on having fun.

If I’d have had the extra budget at the time I most probably would’ve ordered a Turbo S. This would’ve been purely a want to have the most powerful version. I didn’t have the money so I have a 4S and I spent as much as I was willing to, yes I’d like a Turbo S but not enough now I’ve experienced the 4S to go through the upgrade process. Maybe next time though.

Am I bothered that a far cheaper Tesla 3 could beat me? Not in the least. I think those cars are so ugly and too obvious, I feel I’d win every time because I’d be sat in the overall superior car. If I was in the Tesla I would think it was a hollow victory. I’m mad on cars and being able to have fun on the handful of occasions possible on UK roads, but I’m happy I’ve got the best car I can for the money, and that’s good enough for me

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
Wanting to go quicker at these kind of levels, for me, is nothing to do with practicality, it’s a case of how much money are you willing or able to spend on having fun.

If I’d have had the extra budget at the time I most probably would’ve ordered a Turbo S. This would’ve been purely a want to have the most powerful version. I didn’t have the money so I have a 4S and I spent as much as I was willing to, yes I’d like a Turbo S but not enough now I’ve experienced the 4S to go through the upgrade process. Maybe next time though.

Am I bothered that a far cheaper Tesla 3 could beat me? Not in the least. I think those cars are so ugly and too obvious, I feel I’d win every time because I’d be sat in the overall superior car. If I was in the Tesla I would think it was a hollow victory. I’m mad on cars and being able to have fun on the handful of occasions possible on UK roads, but I’m happy I’ve got the best car I can for the money, and that’s good enough for me
well said there!
I did talk to the dealer to swap my 4s build for a Turbo S, it came to nearly €240k with all options that I fancied, so the gap is €60k from my fully specced 4S, my heart says "Yes, this will be one of the best Taycan out there" , but my head says " with that 240k, I can buy a brand new 911 (992) Targa 4S or a mint condition Mclaren 720s" at the end, I decided to keep my 4s build, this is first EV Porsche launched, and it will get better with each iteration, I am fine to go along the early trial&error phase together with Porsche without going "I am ALL-IN", basically I put that extra money aside for the 992 Targa 4s that I always wanted.

After taking my 4s, there are noticeable times that when I stopped next M3/MS at stoplights, instead of them attempting to race me, they were just looking (staring) at my Taycan - presumably very jealoused. fun fact though :)

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
...Am I bothered that a far cheaper Tesla 3 could beat me? Not in the least...
Best 3 out of 5 and you will win. Tesla's power delivery is one and done, maybe two if you are lucky. I'm not a fan of the Model 3, but I still think the Model S is a beautiful car.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
Hey,

Why you ask?

Because I want faster!!! I put in an order for a Turbo S :) it’s coming in January.

I only had to pay €25000 (my 4S was well equipped) so the difference wasn’t that huge. It also ads around €200 to my monthly lease but that’s ok for me.

Here’s the build:
Hey,

Why you ask?

Here’s the build:

good man NC .... I can trump (small “t”) that as I hinted before taking my 4S that I might like something with faster legs etc .... so my Turbo is entering the U.K. as I type (VIN# recd overnight) .... Taycan is a fantastic car and the spec options inc colours are complex and I really hope I’ve got a great balance between improved performance, retained acceptable range for my needs, and have the ”whistle and bells” I was tempted to consider with my original order ...
enjoy your car when you get the chance to sit behind the wheel
Sponsored