Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yes, I’ve had my 4S+ for almost two years and yesterday was our first trip. Not long, just 120 miles. But with COVID and some health issues only local driving has been possible. Departed near Stratford upon Avon in the South Midlands over to Aberdovey North Wales. All ‘B’ roads across country. The start, slightly strange as at 100% charge in the car it appeared to want a charging stop! Soon had that sorted as the ‘charge at destination’ was set to 60% and just needed dropping below 50%. All good to start. I was thinking “50% charge, 120 miles if I can do that‘s 240 miles range👍

Off we go, no Sport mode, just everything normal with A/C at 22C and driving close to any speed limits enjoying all the twists and turns. Believe me you get a lot going to Wales. No silly frugal driving, just normal everything and the final charge at destination was creeping up!

At 60% I was thinking again “40% used for 120 miles, that’s 300 mile range!!” We arrived at Aberdovey just over 120 miles covered and used 35% battery, 65% remaining. That equates to over 340 mile range. Unbelievable. So maybe having a 2022 battery, new electronics and - at last - software updates has made the car far better that when purchased? I’m still in shock even my brother’s Tesla can’t do that range. . . . And yes, it’s raining.

Porsche Taycan I just can’t believe it! Almost 2 years in Taycan 4S+! DF2F6BA8-D68F-41CB-86A8-2F1788AF41E4
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Spirited driving on B roads – breaking going into bends allows for plenty of re-gen. That is ideal conditions for an EV like the Taycan to recover some energy.

Driving like that – remember – you are helping the environment!

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Spirited driving on B roads – breaking going into bends allows for plenty of re-gen. That is ideal conditions for an EV like the Taycan to recover some energy.
Indeed- I took my new Taycan Turbo for a shakedown run to the Yorkshire Dales the other day, culminating in the Buttertubs Pass (as made famous by Top Gear, who I don't recall mention the significant limitation caused by sheep wandering on to the road...but at least that presents more acceleration opportunities after negotiating them) and was pleasantly surprised by the overall trip economy (2.9 mls/kWh but half the trip was on more normal roads).

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
You must have a very very special car.. I don’t get less than 23kwh/100km.. this is around 360km of range , not 540 as in your example.. the latter would mean 15kwh/100km.

something I have only achieve with my model S at a constant 70kph

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
Are you interested in a top up of your battery at 19p/kwh from a fellow Taycan owner with charging facilities i Aberdavey?

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
You must have a very very special car.. I don’t get less than 23kwh/100km.. this is around 360km of range , not 540 as in your example.. the latter would mean 15kwh/100km.

I drive around 410 km

OP
OP
Gwaihir

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Are you interested in a top up of your battery at 19p/kwh from a fellow Taycan owner with charging facilities i Aberdavey?
I’m fine thanks. Have a Zappi at our place of rest. I think I’m just a 100 or so yards away🤗

Shigura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 (1st car 1958 Nash Metropolitan)
Country flag
OK. We are just above you up the hill. I know of another Taycan here in this small village. These Taycan are getting common!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag

How many kms do you have?
consumprion goes down… i’m on 20.7 kwh/100km…after 16k km… while i was over 24 kwh/100km during first 4 or 5k km… same routes, same driving style.

Shaun C

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Yes, I’ve had my 4S+ for almost two years and yesterday was our first trip. Not long, just 120 miles. But with COVID and some health issues only local driving has been possible. Departed near Stratford upon Avon in the South Midlands over to Aberdovey North Wales. All ‘B’ roads across country. The start, slightly strange as at 100% charge in the car it appeared to want a charging stop! Soon had that sorted as the ‘charge at destination’ was set to 60% and just needed dropping below 50%. All good to start. I was thinking “50% charge, 120 miles if I can do that‘s 240 miles range👍

Off we go, no Sport mode, just everything normal with A/C at 22C and driving close to any speed limits enjoying all the twists and turns. Believe me you get a lot going to Wales. No silly frugal driving, just normal everything and the final charge at destination was creeping up!

At 60% I was thinking again “40% used for 120 miles, that’s 300 mile range!!” We arrived at Aberdovey just over 120 miles covered and used 35% battery, 65% remaining. That equates to over 340 mile range. Unbelievable. So maybe having a 2022 battery, new electronics and - at last - software updates has made the car far better that when purchased? I’m still in shock even my brother’s Tesla can’t do that range. . . . And yes, it’s raining.

DF2F6BA8-D68F-41CB-86A8-2F1788AF41E4.jpeg
Hi Did you regen on/off or on auto ?

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
How many kms do you have?
consumprion goes down… i’m on 20.7 kwh/100km…after 16k km… while i was over 24 kwh/100km during first 4 or 5k km… same routes, same driving style.
Only 700km on the odo meter…

GreggT

First Name
GreggT
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drivingfanatic.com
Vehicles
Multiple Porsches and Mercedes AMG
Country flag
Well over 2 yrs here....1st Tay in our market back then.
I'm still a fan in spite of various issues. but....wife's car and she gets home and it's plugged in and all's good (enough).
I'm fortunately in life to have other Pcars.....will never leave IC.
Sponsored