First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hello,

i have been looking at car mounts for my Taycan for a while now and all of them were bad imo even proclip. It just go in the way of using the car normally and it felt clunky and obtrusive. I want something to hold my phone when I need it and have it be out of sight when I don’t. I believe I found the perfect one. It is the Halo lock vent attachment with a hook. It has 3 legs so it evenly distributes the weight od the phone so it’s not just dependent on the vents. I mount it to the left side vent close to the door. It is stable, strong magnets, and super easy to access all while being out of your way. Can upload some pictures if y’all want to see some examples.

Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good 3C4C7AE7-321B-49F8-A8F6-C6645BE71277
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Looks neat - How does it handle moving the vents around?

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Looks neat - How does it handle moving the vents around?
It doesn’t actually bother the vents behind it. And I chose to mount it in the door side rather than center console is because I hate having it there. It is an eye sore when not in use.

Deleted member 6348

I don't understand why this is needed. The Taycan supports both CarPlay and Android Auto.

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I don't understand why this is needed. The Taycan supports both CarPlay and Android Auto.
I like having my phone to have a dedicated place instead of it being in my pocket, door bin, or cup holders. Also when you are driving Apple Music won’t let you pick a song from the playlist and tbh, iPhone is faster than whatever chip they put in the car. It’s just a convenience thing for when you want it there for that maybe 10% of the time.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good C1AD780B-68CD-4376-8839-E1821F268DA2

I went this course; I have it placed on the driver’s side low down on the windscreen (windshield). I will try and grab a picture later- didn’t spot this vent mount -normal center mounts don’t work.

OTTERBOX Performance Car Dash & Windshield Mount for MagSafe - Black https://a.co/d/fW3Bxof

OP
OP
Stoneageman

Stoneageman

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
C1AD780B-68CD-4376-8839-E1821F268DA2.jpeg

I went this course; I have it placed on the driver’s side low down on the windscreen (windshield). I will try and grab a picture later- didn’t spot this vent mount -normal center mounts don’t work.

OTTERBOX Performance Car Dash & Windshield Mount for MagSafe - Black https://a.co/d/fW3Bxof
Do send some pics, I was wondering about those but I just didnt think to mount on driver side. The vent mount I showed can also be mounted on the center console vents.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like the second display with Waze; plus don’t like the clutter in the cup holders. :)

Mr Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S (going), Taycan RWD (incoming)
Country flag
While I admire the creativity and ideas of other members, I found that most solutions are kind of clunky, or position the phone in an awkward place. So I went the cheap (Chinese) route, and it works at least for me: a small magnetic holder which is clamped to the left vent above the PCM console, coupled with a phone case with a small embedded round iron patch.

The phone is nicely out of the way, does not really interfere with the A/C function, and displays my ugly mug if needed during business calls while driving (you can turn the phone/holder at a desired angle). Total cost of clamp and case around $8-10.

Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good Magnetische-Telefon-Halter-Universal-Halterung-Unterst-tzung-Telefon-St-nder-Halter-f-r-Handy-
Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good Rutsche-Objektiv-Kamera-Sch-tzen-Telefon

Last edited:

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do send some pics, I was wondering about those but I just didnt think to mount on driver side. The vent mount I showed can also be mounted on the center console vents.
Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good IMG_5560

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Guys i couldn't imagine so many of you would think there isn't enough screens already in the Taycan :CWL:
Never enough screens…

Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good 55B57962-FF81-428D-A152-8D423F84F6A4

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
While I admire the creativity and ideas of other members, I found that most solutions are kind of clunky, or position the phone in an awkward place. So I went the cheap (Chinese) route, and it works at least for me: a small magnetic holder which is clamped to the left vent above the PCM console, coupled with a phone case with a small embedded round iron patch.

The phone is nicely out of the way, does not really interfere with the A/C function, and displays my ugly mug if needed during business calls while driving (you can turn the phone/holder at a desired angle). Total cost of clamp and case around $8-10.

Magnetische-Telefon-Halter-Universal-Halterung-Unterst-tzung-Telefon-St-nder-Halter-f-r-Handy-...jpg
Rutsche-Objektiv-Kamera-Sch-tzen-Telefon.jpg
Porsche advises against the use of those. I think I read a post of someone damaged the vent and it’s really expensive to replace.

Porsche Taycan I know another post about car mount, but this vent mount is good 36B16DC5-1E63-43E4-B28D-CBD5DADDFAAC
Sponsored