I know it's complicated software but my irritations with the PCM/connect continues to grow

Neighs

First Name
Horsey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW X3 35d, BMW 135i
Country flag
My list of irritations with the PCM/connect continues to grow ...

* Sporadic loss of language locale with UI elements turning up in German on the PCM and web site
* Unexplained start up in maintenance mode.
* Not remembering settings such as Traffic SIgn alert or speed limit tollerance.
* Inability to authorise a secondary user.
* Randomly going back into Privacy mode.

It's a complete roll of the dice which settings are stored against the profile, key or seat position ... or if they are being saved at all!

I would love to know the logic behind, profiles, keys and the 1-3 memory options.

If anyone can offer more than an educated guess, I would love to know!

And is there a way to stop the car pre-warming every time you open the drivers door?

Also, my car seem to turn the "ignition" on if I leave the key in the car, after I have opened and closed the drivers door ... doesn't it check occupancy of the driver's seat?

I can unlock the car, put the key in the ash tray, close the door, and next thing I know the ignition is on.

I open the door, turn it off, close the door, and it turns on again!

Fine, turn on pre-heat, and ignition when I unlock the car and open the door ... but if I turn those off, and don't lock the car, please don't turn them back on!

... at least wait till I have locked the car and then unlocked again.

Keeping the car charging while not locked, while you still need to access the unlocked vehicle frequently is near impossible ... it constantly insists on pre-heating and turning the ignition on!
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If it helps... The key stores only the username of the user that was driving the car with that key most recently. The actual settings are stored in the cloud, provided there is connectivity with Porsche servers, which may not be the case if you park in an underground car park for example.

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I received my 2021 4S on Thursday. I love the car, but it seems not to be remembering settings. I have the key with me when I am making the changes and the car has connectivity, at least for my phone and the LTE symbol on the PCM is on. Suggestions?

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
My list of irritations with the PCM/connect continues to grow ...

* Sporadic loss of language locale with UI elements turning up in German on the PCM and web site
* Unexplained start up in maintenance mode.
* Not remembering settings such as Traffic SIgn alert or speed limit tollerance.
* Inability to authorise a secondary user.
* Randomly going back into Privacy mode.

It's a complete roll of the dice which settings are stored against the profile, key or seat position ... or if they are being saved at all!

I would love to know the logic behind, profiles, keys and the 1-3 memory options.

If anyone can offer more than an educated guess, I would love to know!

And is there a way to stop the car pre-warming every time you open the drivers door?

Also, my car seem to turn the "ignition" on if I leave the key in the car, after I have opened and closed the drivers door ... doesn't it check occupancy of the driver's seat?

I can unlock the car, put the key in the ash tray, close the door, and next thing I know the ignition is on.

I open the door, turn it off, close the door, and it turns on again!

Fine, turn on pre-heat, and ignition when I unlock the car and open the door ... but if I turn those off, and don't lock the car, please don't turn them back on!

... at least wait till I have locked the car and then unlocked again.

Keeping the car charging while not locked, while you still need to access the unlocked vehicle frequently is near impossible ... it constantly insists on pre-heating and turning the ignition on!
I thought the pre-heat business was just me missing a setting somewhere. It is a little irritating.