WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I think when I rented the car, it was around 700 or 800 bucks. The insurance was another $600. So while it made each lap rather expensive, the potential financial exposure to making one small mistake was too great not to carry insurance.
Absolutely! Porsche charge around an extra £1000 (model & variant dependent) to use one of their cars for a full-day instructed driving course at Silverstone (which includes the actual Silverstone International Circuit). That might sound like a lot, but it avoids the risk to one's own car, the additional cost of insuring it, and the wear on tyres, brakes (and the batteries for an EV) and the risk of ending up being stuck a long way from home with no usable car.

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
T
Absolutely! Porsche charge around an extra £1000 (model & variant dependent) to use one of their cars for a full-day instructed driving course at Silverstone (which includes the actual Silverstone International Circuit). That might sound like a lot, but it avoids the risk to one's own car, the additional cost of insuring it, and the wear on tyres, brakes (and the batteries for an EV) and the risk of ending up being stuck a long way from home with no usable car.
Totally agree. I couldn’t believe that these things can be rented and it can be used as desired. Especially a Porsche or the experience Misha and Mrjww did recently. 5000 euros to drive any GT porsche you want? 😍

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Totally agree. I couldn’t believe that these things can be rented and it can be used as desired. Especially a Porsche or the experience Misha and Mrjww did recently. 5000 euros to drive any GT porsche you want? 😍
On the other hand, you're able to say that you took YOUR car around Nurburgring and you have an excellent video record of it to share and enable you to relive it in the future (even if I'd been brave enough to take my own car around Silverstone, they wouldn't allow any form of recording).

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
Hello guys!

As I promised, here is my Nürburgring lap report
Car: 2022 RWD PB+ Sport Chrono

Luckily for me, the track was very empty and I was so happy for this since it was my very very very first lap on a Track of any sort. I do a lot of karting which obviously helped with some lines.

car felt really good on acceleration but it definitely lacks power. It complements for mind bending handling. Steering is very precise, it feels like on rails. Until you remind of tire wear.

You, as a driver, you don’t really feel the weight, but your tires do. After just one lap, the tire was warm to the touch and it started ripping. I would happily rip them if I lived 10 km away or having a new set of tires.

14way adjustable seats aren’t ready for lateral G forces, I’m not a really big human being and I was kind of flying around the car, but I think 18 way could be better.

Rear wing is just.. magnificent. It lifts immediately and I don’t have the ability to feel the difference wing vs no wing, but it looked so cool!

all in all, no YouTube video will describe you how compressing zones feel in your heart, or feeling like you’re flying over the straights, so I definitely recommend at least renting a car from apex or rsr to do a lap.

i did that and I can’t describe how big the difference is. i’ve rented the M4 from apex and I couldn’t belive my eyes how much weight and tires contribute to a better performing car.

i also did a video on Youtube with the Taycan Experience on Nürburgring, if you have the pleasure to watch.

My Emotional First Nürburgring Lap In The Porsche Taycan!

3AD78772-263B-4B24-9AA0-4798ADAAE8D4.png
Nice report and video @Ciprianbadic
Keep up the good work.

Just back myself as well, went yesterday, just missed you. I believe I was the only EV out there hehe.
But great experience with the Taycan on track, a 4s in my case. Impressed by its stability on track when pulling hard corners.
Cheers.

Porsche Taycan I lapped my RWD on Nürburgring! Screenshot_20230505_155633_Editor Lite

OP
OP
Ciprianbadic

Ciprianbadic

First Name
Ciprian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag
Nice report and video @Ciprianbadic
Keep up the good work.

Just back myself as well, went yesterday, just missed you. I believe I was the only EV out there hehe.
But great experience with the Taycan on track, a 4s in my case. Impressed by its stability on track when pulling hard corners.
Cheers.

Screenshot_20230505_155633_Editor Lite.jpg
thank you!! Great weather and great looking CT! I was the only Taycan but there were a number of Model 3s and Ys.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not to hijack the thread, but I just finished day 1 of my 2-day HPDE event at COTA. I’m the only EV… and while I’m just in the beginner class, the Taycan 4S can easily hang with the GT4s and 991 Turbos. I’m very impressed (but less so with having to drive 10 miles off the track to re-recharge two times, however - that part sucks). I love my car.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not to hijack the thread, but I just finished day 1 of my 2-day HPDE event at COTA. I’m the only EV… and while I’m just in the beginner class, the Taycan 4S can easily hang with the GT4s and 991 Turbos. I’m very impressed (but less so with having to drive 10 miles off the track to re-recharge two times, however - that part sucks). I love my car.
Hopefully you'll set up a thread to share more details after the event. It's really interesting to see what fun can be had with our Taycans on track- it's not the most efficient tool for the job, but it's good to experience how effective it is...well, at least for a few glorious laps before the battery needs to cool down and/or get recharged.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
At least you can grab some Whataburger while you wait for your car to charge 🤣

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hopefully you'll set up a thread to share more details after the event. It's really interesting to see what fun can be had with our Taycans on track- it's not the most efficient tool for the job, but it's good to experience how effective it is...well, at least for a few glorious laps before the battery needs to cool down and/or get recharged.
Will do. The instructor had a good observation about the regen in sport plus - thought I was braking when I wasn’t.
Sponsored