Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I saw that some people have difficulty with the new app. It made me reluctant to swith but I switched. The switch went flawlessy and although it is still lacking functionality, it is way more responsive then the old one. Also I like the lighter colours. The old app was for me way to dark.

Am I the only one who is happy with the new app?
Sponsored

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I saw that some people have difficulty with the new app. It made me reluctant to switch but I switched. The switch went flawlessly and although it is still lacking functionality, it is way more responsive then the old one. Also I like the lighter colours. The old app was for me way to dark.

Am I the only one who I happy with the new app?
Unfortunately it suffers the same issues as the one it is intended to replace in my case. Reliable connectivity is key otherwise no dice. Not either apps fault (I assume) more a technical weakness in the architecture of the overall solution.

Whilst I have good cell connectivity for my phone (tested when stood next to the car) the car when idle / locked / sleeping takes some coercion to wake-up if not used for several hours (definitely overnight) and as a consequence either of the apps time out thereby rendering them useless.

For me and others I think this is the issue and it may manifest itself in other ways.

Functionality of the original is adequate for what I need and I don't see much gained (yet) in the new. Neither offer the same as the My Porsche web portal on the Porsche.COM website - so some ways to go to be truly useful.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Unfortunately it suffers the same issues as the one it is intended to replace in my case. Reliable connectivity is key otherwise no dice. Not either apps fault (I assume) more a technical weakness in the architecture of the overall solution.

Whilst I have good cell connectivity for my phone (tested when stood next to the car) the car when idle / locked / sleeping takes some coercion to wake-up if not used for several hours (definitely overnight) and as a consequence either of the apps time out thereby rendering them useless.

For me and others I think this is the issue and it may manifest itself in other ways.

Functionality of the original is adequate for what I need and I don't see much gained (yet) in the new. Neither offer the same as the My Porsche web portal on the Porsche.COM website - so some ways to go to be truly useful.
Speaking about My Porsche portal at Porsche.com.
I sent a simple questions to support, how to change from miles to kilometers (and psi to bars), and I got a loooong (and very polite) mail ... with suggestions that I should register myself and a car, etc.... without answer to my question :CWL:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I sent a simple questions to support, how to change from miles to kilometers (and psi to bars), and I got a loooong (and very polite) mail ... with suggestions that I should register myself and a car, etc.... without answer to my question :CWL:
You can't actually change it as it picks up the country locale (wrongly).

Same issue with time zone in the PMCC (it is always wrong in my case).

Most of the settings you mention can be changed on the PMCC for it's display but as for the settings on My Porsche web page you're out of luck as far as I can see / deduce but can be changed on the Porsche Connect App. You'd think they'd be in sync, right!!??

Reactions: B61

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I also had problems with getting miles and psi when logging in to MyPorsche.
I found however that for some reason or other I was logged in through the U.K. Side of Porsche. All data etc was there but in imperial measurements.
Have you tried to log in to your local Porsche instead of just.com? I logged in to the local .fr site and hot all measurements correctly, but the language also follows to French and nor English!

Try that, might help

Reactions: B61