ldgregory

First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Not sure which thread to post this in for sure, but as the car wasn't bricked, I believe this is the right thread.

My wife was stopped at a red light on a busy street with no-one behind her at the time, one or two seconds before the light changed to green the car shut down with no error message or warning. By then vehicles had caught up to where she was stalled out at the light and had to swerve to go around her. After about ten seconds she was able to get the car started again and to drive off safely. She'd only had the car for a couple days.

The vehicle has been at the Porsche dealer for the past three weeks saying they can't duplicate the issue and have not "had time" to install the updates to fix numerous other glitches such as her phone randomly disconnecting from bluetooth, the center dash nav console randomly going dark, the XM radio can't be accessed (even though she has a paid subscription, Porsche hasn't been able to get that working during all this time either even getting on the phone with Siruis XM to verify subscription. The icon on the screen is just greyed out). 3 out of 5 times the garage door opener fails to open the door. There appears to be serious electrical and computer glitches happening.

At first they treated my wife like she was making all this stuff up, having to talk to multiple different people etc. All the little glitches are annoying for sure, but having the car die on you in traffic is a potential life threat. They just didn't want to seem to hear that and kept wanting to give her the car back because they didn't have time to install the software updates, telling us it's a multi-day process. There's no way we're taking a car back and driving it with that kind of a life threatening issue.

We filed a report with NHTSA just before posting here.
Sponsored

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Question for all who have lost power when driving.
Do you have the Breakdown Service activated?
If yes, did Porsche contact you?
According to the service Porsche says they provide remote diagnostics to provide help and support in the event of a breakdown.
It is free for 10 years.

Porsche Taycan I lost all power in the outside lane BAA024CD-6D83-47C0-AFEE-8EBEAA35C9A5

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
How many reports have been filed so far?
If you mean NHTSA reports then it is 22 for MY2020 and 8 for MY2021.

A couple other members said they reported in last 1-2 days and these reports should show up in 2 business days.
Sponsored