farazkhu2

First Name
Fa Fa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 750i, Taycan
Country flag
Hi Folks, I have been following this thread and very disappointed at Porsche's response.
I am waiting on my 2021RWD expected delivery around July 30th. Does any one know if you can cancel your order without getting penalized? I put in 10% deposit ( due to upgrades ) and not sure if it can be return or not.

Seems like the British buyers have option to get full refund within 30 days if they are having these issues, do American buyers have anything going for them in that case?

Thank you
Sponsored

Computerglitch

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AMG 43 , 997
Country flag
Hi Folks, I have been following this thread and very disappointed at Porsche's response.
I am waiting on my 2021RWD expected delivery around July 30th. Does any one know if you can cancel your order without getting penalized? I put in 10% deposit ( due to upgrades ) and not sure if it can be return or not.

Seems like the British buyers have option to get full refund within 30 days if they are having these issues, do American buyers have anything going for them in that case?

Thank you
Hi Fa
I had only placed 5k deposit down. Also I hadn't got to the point of finalising the spec so was able to get my money back. If it was just myself , I would have probably continued with the purchase as I really do think its a great car.....just iffy on the software. I hope you're able to get your money back if you really want to, if not I'm sure you could sell it for what you've paid.

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Thank you
It might help you to have a look at the NHTSA website. Do a search for your vehicle in the Safe Cars Save Lives search box and scroll down on the search result page till you see Manufacturer communications. Click on it and you'll be able to view all documents about your Taycan model.

In my humble(just a happy driver of the MY2020 Taycan Turbo) opinion it shows that Porsche is aware of issues and solving them.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
It might help you to have a look at the NHTSA website. Do a search for your vehicle in the Safe Cars Save Lives search box and scroll down on the search result page till you see Manufacturer communications. Click on it and you'll be able to view all documents about your Taycan model.

In my humble(just a happy driver of the MY2020 Taycan Turbo) opinion it shows that Porsche is aware of issues and solving them.
There is no TSB in the NHTSA site about Taycans stalling while driving. Porsche might be aware of this but there is no official fix or communication until now.

In my humble opinion Porsche takes way too long to fix the known issues and even longer to deploy them and they are far from transparent.
See another post I made about Ford fixing their Mach-e 12v drain issue in a month, and it was communicated to press and owners, while Porsche took almost a year, then the software update bricked a big number of cars, not it is postponed and many clients including myself never got officially any notification from Porsche about the but or the fix.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...es-on-way-to-getting-it-fixed.4581/post-68400

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I've been following this thread but it's hard to tell since not everyone lists their model year. We've definitely seen 2020s be affected by this issue post update. Have we seen 2021s, which presumably already ship with the latest software installed, also be affected by this issue?

Dlurker20

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Acura MDX, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I've been following this thread but it's hard to tell since not everyone lists their model year. We've definitely seen 2020s be affected by this issue post update. Have we seen 2021s, which presumably already ship with the latest software installed, also be affected by this issue?
Excellent question on the MY. Mine is a 2020, did this fail for the first time today. To those freaking out, very few of us have actually had any problems with our cars, and even those that have will stand by how amazing of a vehicle it is. I handily stand by my purchase and enjoy the hell out of the car every chance I get. And yes it is my daily driver so I do rely on it and have had no issues...until today’s scare. I’m definitely not pleased by the “it’s a glitch” response I got for my my local dealer, so far it’s a wait and see scenario.

RCTaycan4s+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I had my car fixed & returned today. There was an issue with the DME & the Porsche centre here downloaded the patch & tested the car for 2 days. Another car here in Melbourne had the same issue & received the same patch. So it looks like there is a simple software fix.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I had my car fixed & returned today. There was an issue with the DME & the Porsche centre here downloaded the patch & tested the car for 2 days. Another car here in Melbourne had the same issue & received the same patch. So it looks like there is a simple software fix.
It would be great if we would know how that patch/fix is referred to at Porsche, so we could keep an eye out for it at our own dealer.

RCTaycan4s+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
It would be great if we would know how that patch/fix is referred to at Porsche, so we could keep an eye out for it at our own dealer.
This is not mine (someone else’s fix with the same problem)but I believe this what was done to my car too. I’ll ask for a copy of the report tomorrow.

Porsche Taycan I lost all power in the outside lane 1C4DE412-33ED-4EBB-B793-943CDA39E411

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
From the NHTSA website under 2021 porsche taycan 4S:

March 22, 2021 NHTSA ID NUMBER: 11404336
Components: POWER TRAIN, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, ENGINE

NHTSA ID Number: 11404336
Incident Date March 22, 2021
Consumer Location WEST CHESTER, PA
Vehicle Identification Number WP0AB2Y1XMS****
Summary of Complaint
CRASHNo
FIRENo
INJURIES0
DEATHS0
WHILE DRIVING ON A HIGHWAY AT ABOUT 60 MPH, THE A WARNING MESSAGE APPEARED STATING "ELECTRICAL SYSTEM ERROR / PARK VEHICLE IN A SAFE PLACE." FORTUNATELY WAS ABLE TO MANEUVER VEHICLE TO THE SHOULDER BEFORE LOSING RESPONSIVENESS. VEHICLE THEN WENT INTO PARK STATUS WITH NO ABILITY TO DRIVE. THEN RECEIVED MESSAGE THAT 12V BATTERY IS LOW. VERY UNSAFE BECAUSE VEHICLE SUDDENLY LOST POWER IN A HIGH-SPEED DRIVING SITUATION
1 Affected Product
https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2021/PORSCHE/TAYCAN%25204S/4%2520DR/AWD

I only checked on the 4S. Site says 2 complaints.

OP
OP

Raedwald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine was a 2021.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan I lost all power in the outside lane 1621513880999

The above is consistent with the conversation I had with my Tech, who I've worked with for some time and have no reason to suspect isn't being straightforward with me. He told me that he communicated directly with Porsche and opened up a support case based on faults that came up in a scan. Porsche told him the problem was an overload of the communication between the main ICU and the 'rear power electronics'. He was given a software 'update' to install and did so. There was no 'Tech Bulletin' needed, although on the paperwork he did not refer to a 'patch', but categorized it as '...update control units to most current level'.

So far, so good...:confused:

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is not mine (someone else’s fix with the same problem)but I believe this what was done to my car too. I’ll ask for a copy of the report tomorrow.

1C4DE412-33ED-4EBB-B793-943CDA39E411.jpeg
Thank you!
I guess that almost confirms there is a bug introduced in WMA5/6 update We don't know how many cars are affected but Porsche knows about the issue and has patch. They have not yet released a recall and it is unclear if/when they will ever patch the affected cars unless they stall while driving and the owner is still alive to take the car to the dealer. Then the dealer should do their due diligence and open a ticket to headquarters instead of saying "it is just a glitch".

Last edited:

Arno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S & Tesla Model-S 100D
Country flag
This is interesting. It seems like we somewhat get a little different information and feedback from our Porsche Centres, from country to country. When delivering my 2020 TS for repair/check May 18th, after the two incident of stopping on the highway April 27th and May 15th, I specifically asked for the patch which is discussed here in this thread. I was told by my service technician there exists no patch, but the latest main software which I already got installed March 26th.

I then mentioned the discussion here on Taycan forum, and he suggested "we" are referring to the same software I already got, which apparently is the only update available as of yet, according to him. However I dont think that is all correct, but do not think he holds back information or anything, just that my Porsche Center is not informed the same way as in other countries. My two incidents occurred after the new software, and prior to I have been driving over 4000 miles / 7000 km without any problems or stop. Therefore I suspect it must be a connection with the software, and that a patch actually do exist.

As I mentioned in an earlier post though, Porsche did synchronise the electric engines, and claimed this was instructions from headquarters in these incidents. Then they told me to call in if it happens again. In Norway we have a three-strike on fixing a serious problem, before the customer can claim cancelling the purchase with refund or replacement with a new vehicle. So, if this problem persist, that is what I will do. Though, I would probably get the very same model again since I like the Taycan so much. Probably a 2022 model then I guess, with the latest everything, with less chance of error.

I´m just curious why Porsche do not send out equal messages and information about this, further why they perform different fix, for the exact same issue we are discussing in this thread? ?
Sponsored

Last edited: