I may have accidentally stumbled upon the reason the car sometimes charges to another value other than programmed …

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I just set my profile to 60% to charge for a couple of hours while my solar still has the capacity before sundown. Suddenly I notice when I inserted the cable from the PMCC, the fans started running and I received a notification on my iPhone that charging would end at almost 21:00. I glanced at the Connect app and it had the correct 60% profile. However the Charging Planner was active when I turned the car off and it surmised that it had to charge to 85% to reach the first charger on route !

Conclusion: check to see whether your nav has no destination entered, if you are having trouble with the charging setting.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Forgot to mention, that I started my car and stopped the nav and it recalculated the time required to charge to 60% immediately. Turned car off. Done.

notsofast

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, 2005 Cayenne Turbo, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Yep, this had me stumped for quite a while. The UI could make this a lot easier to discover.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I just set my profile to 60% to charge for a couple of hours while my solar still has the capacity before sundown. Suddenly I notice when I inserted the cable from the PMCC, the fans started running and I received a notification on my iPhone that charging would end at almost 21:00. I glanced at the Connect app and it had the correct 60% profile. However the Charging Planner was active when I turned the car off and it surmised that it had to charge to 85% to reach the first charger on route !

Conclusion: check to see whether your nav has no destination entered, if you are having trouble with the charging setting.
Very interesting!
Actually, when you think about it, it does make sense.
The car doesn't know you're done driving but you know you are, lol!
Great find! 😂👍🏻

Cyberdriver888

First Name
Håkon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo

This has also happened with me the other way around. If I enter a destination, then I almost reach the set destination and park the car nearby for then trying to charge the car, it won’t let me. Because the car did not reach the GPS destination yet and it is nearby it does not need to charge according to charge planner. When Plugging in a charger in this state, car will just say “Charging ended” and no charging will happen. Green battery and green light on car charge port, but no charging. Direct Charging was grayed out and not possible.

FIX is to turn charge planner off in settings, unplugg charger and re-plugg it .It was not enough to just end the navigation. Also had to wait a while before plugging the cable back in.

Should be possible to change this in the app (end navigation or turn charge planner off or simply override charging)
Sponsored

Last edited: