bulutbirol

First Name
bulut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
I bought 2021 Taycan 4S without the sport chrono package, I bought the mode switch from outside. I plugged this part into its socket in the steering wheel, the button lights turn on, but when I turn the button left and right, the driving modes do not change. how can i solve this problem.

Porsche Taycan i need to activate sport chrono db85f6f9-b9d9-4664-9cce-8eec1bfc49b9
Sponsored

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Most likely it's not just the hardware, which you already have, but also software that needs to run in the car to receive the knobs commands and do something useful with it.

OP
OP

bulutbirol

First Name
bulut
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
Most likely it's not just the hardware, which you already have, but also software that needs to run in the car to receive the knobs commands and do something useful with it.
I made a request to Porsche authorized service, they did not help in this regard. I coincidentally bought the part from an online retailer. As a result of my research, I think that the button should be introduced to the car via online.

Taycan24

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD due in June
Country flag
I’d be interested in this (if getting the software to work with it is easy enough). Would be interested in price/where you got it from, please

benver

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So I could have saved $1200 by buying a knob rather than the sport chrono package?
Configure a new 4S on the porsche configurator and click the i(=information) next to sport chrono package. You'll get a popup showing that it's more than just the knob.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For Macans, Porsche offered a factory-aproved sport-chrono retrofit. The process included the installation of the physical Sport+ button AND a software update to enable it.
I am pretty sure that software change is also needed for the Taycan and if Porsche does not offer the retrofit as a paid option then you will never succeed.
Btw if I remember correctly, for the Macan the retrofit option was at least as expensive as ordering the feature.

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Configure a new 4S on the porsche configurator and click the i(=information) next to sport chrono package. You'll get a popup showing that it's more than just the knob.
I know that. I am being facetious. No way you can just buy a knob and get sport chrono.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not possible... you'll need much more than the knob not to mention the Porsche tooling to activate / authorise various features. When you've mastered all of that I suspect your warranty will be invalid and your insurer will need to be informed.

Cooler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Coming from BMW world, it is common that you can code (most of them by yourself) retrofit parts like new dashboard, rear lights, surround camera, backup camera etc. Also you can pay small fee somebody to do that remotely.

So, I suspect it is possible to code the Sport Chrono, however you need somebody with coding skills and knowledge of Porsche's software and equipment to do it. Where you can find one, I have no clue. Maybe somebody who has worked on other Porsche's software could do it?

ytzhak

First Name
Ytzhak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s cross
Country flag
I bought 2021 Taycan 4S without the sport chrono package, I bought the mode switch from outside. I plugged this part into its socket in the steering wheel, the button lights turn on, but when I turn the button left and right, the driving modes do not change. how can i solve this problem.

db85f6f9-b9d9-4664-9cce-8eec1bfc49b9.jpg
http://kufatec.com/ can do it for you in they workshop in Germany.

I have a same issue like you, but I can’t take the car you Germany workshop.

If they make the coding for you, they can make it for everyone with taycan after.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
For Macans, Porsche offered a factory-aproved sport-chrono retrofit. The process included the installation of the physical Sport+ button AND a software update to enable it.
I am pretty sure that software change is also needed for the Taycan and if Porsche does not offer the retrofit as a paid option then you will never succeed.
Btw if I remember correctly, for the Macan the retrofit option was at least as expensive as ordering the feature.
I think the retrofit option was actually cheaper because the clock was not included. Only a button and changing the software

SWAP FSC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche
Country flag
FSC code can be calculated through VIN and vcrn, and opened through PIWIS 3. Many customers have been activated successfully in China because German engineers are already selling
Sponsored