Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Country flag
Just posted by Matt Farah of The Smoking Tire.

The Porsche Taycan 4S is new for 2021, and it's the "volume model" for the USA, meaning, because of its versatility, with two battery options and multiple performance options, it's the one most American buyers will get. The EPA rated range for the Taycan 4S is 203 miles. This number, like the EPA rated range for the Taycan Turbo S, 192 miles, is not exactly representative. Porsche does not dispute the EPA number; manufacturers are given several options for tests, and Porsche chose the most conservative option. But this is not the range we experienced.

In this video, I am given a brand new production model Taycan 4S and decide to test the real world highway range for myself. Porsche provided the vehicle, insurance, and a 30% battery charge for this review.

Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is the Road and Track article written to go with the video.

Wow the entrance going into VW Diesel Gate I thought - Oh No where are we Heading? :rolleyes:
But hang in there, it turns around soon enough. ;)

I Beat the Porsche Taycan 4S's EPA Range by 81 Miles
By Matt Farah

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a32207936/i-beat-the-porsche-taycan-4ss-epa-range-by-81-miles/
Porsche Taycan I Smoked the Taycan 4S EPA Rating by 40% Without Even Trying (by The Smoking Tire) Screenshot_20200420-213818

Favorite Quote:
I had personally driven the Taycan 4S 275.6 miles in a morning, and the car had an indicated 18 miles of range remaining, for a total of 294 miles. There’s your zero-brainpower, flow of traffic, mixed elevation highway range on a sunny, mid-60’s SoCal day.
p.s. Though Matt states in the article it had 4S base tires you can clearly see it has the 20" Turbo rims with base (red) breaks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reg