4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
FWIW I was going down the path of Frozen Blue, but a few things pushed me toward Neptune Blue. First, my wife and a few others called it "feminine," and that's all you need to say to me to piss me off. Then, my son (who is 20) said it was "baby blue," saying you don't buy cars in baby blue. Finally, I realized the possibility of me waking up one day and thinking "what have I done," and so my build is Neptune Blue and chalk interior. More power to you if you go with this color, I still (as of today) love it.
Sponsored

Dave777

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 911SC, 997C4S, Cayenne, 2022 CT4
Country flag
We have ordered “Frozen Blue” for our CT4…when I saw it , I was immediately reminded of the Porsche Gulf 917’s livery.. I think it was called Zenith Blue? So a bit of nostalgia. Maybe need to add tangerine stripes??

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I've had Frozen blue for over a year with black and gray race tex interior. Absolutely love it. Can't get over the buzz that that color creates.
In my case, almost 6 months in. I absolutely love it, too. Lost count of the "great color"-style comments.

BTW, as far as I can tell, the Racetex (animal-free!) interior is far underrated in the Taycan community.

OP
OP
Beardo

Beardo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BluTack 4S CT
Country flag
FWIW I was going down the path of Frozen Blue, but a few things pushed me toward Neptune Blue. First, my wife and a few others called it "feminine," and that's all you need to say to me to piss me off. Then, my son (who is 20) said it was "baby blue," saying you don't buy cars in baby blue. Finally, I realized the possibility of me waking up one day and thinking "what have I done," and so my build is Neptune Blue and chalk interior. More power to you if you go with this color, I still (as of today) love it.
I think this my worry mainly, am I going to get up one morning and wonder WTF I’ve done on the most expensive purchase outside of a house.

i think if I add all the black trims and possibly wheels then it mans it up! Some comments about mixing it with the crayon/chalk interior got me worried tbh too, but found this and like it….

https://www.vegasautogallery.com/used-vehicle-2020-porsche-taycan-4s-c-309/

It’s a bit of a midlife crisis/Miami vice spec, but just don’t want another grey/black type of monochrome car. Having said that my fall back is white with red, so more sellable later I guess, let’s see how I feel come Monday!

this is the spec so far : http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHNQT92

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Pics:

Fair bit of black in the front. Of course most of the dash is black cuz it’s screens

C6542DC4-D017-44E6-AE2E-145ED3FBD93D.jpeg

Back seat is lighter with only the carpets really in black.

C183D41E-38CB-4481-B971-03041D79E7A1.jpeg

You can hardly tell at all from the outside. I do think that it’s important to get as many black trim pieces as you can on the outside so the blue isn’t washed out. Surprising benefit to the silly motorized charge port cover!

E693A3C2-4175-42BB-9084-D6548BA0F769.jpeg
clean combo! kudos!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I 100% agree here with those thoughts on Frozen, but love Neptune Blue...in fact, I worry that I maybe should have gone with it...but I haven't gotten my Ice Grey Metallic Taycan yet...so, we'll see. ;)

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I think this my worry mainly, am I going to get up one morning and wonder WTF I’ve done on the most expensive purchase outside of a house.

i think if I add all the black trims and possibly wheels then it mans it up! Some comments about mixing it with the crayon/chalk interior got me worried tbh too, but found this and like it….

https://www.vegasautogallery.com/used-vehicle-2020-porsche-taycan-4s-c-309/

It’s a bit of a midlife crisis/Miami vice spec, but just don’t want another grey/black type of monochrome car. Having said that my fall back is white with red, so more sellable later I guess, let’s see how I feel come Monday!

this is the spec so far : http://www.porsche-code.com/PNHNQT92
Looks great, I have to admit when I first went to view the Taycan in real life and subsequently arrange a test drive FBM was the colour I had decided I was 100 percent going with. I subsequently changed my mind and currently Mamba green is top of the list…though I still really like FBM and would love to see one in real life so I could make a final decision.

Anyway I agree having black accents to the FBM does go well together so took the liberty of slightly altering your spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNBRWCD0 adding model designation in black (looks better than silver against blue), black door handles and the electric port charger to complete the black line parallel with the door handles.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
this whole thread merely proves that men can be as indecisive as women! At least I assume we are a bunch of boys (I am a 62 yo child) tormented by the decision of what color we want our toy to be. When I started down this path, it was Frozen Blue, then I pivoted to Neptune Blue with chalk interior (the "safer" choice IMO). At least that is what it will be today. I could have also gone Mamba Green, but again feared the "what have I done" factor, which I am definitely inclined to experience. Now, I respect everyone's choice of color b/c you had the good sense to buy the car. And I definitely don't want to see a sea of Neptune Blue out there, so don't let me affect your decision!

im85288

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
The vegan blue interior (as recommended by w1nge) does seem to match really well along with blue seatbelts as shown in this video:

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
... First, my wife and a few others called it "feminine," and that's all you need to say to me to piss me off...
My wife and I test drove a Taycan Salon on 9-Sep. First thing she asked before the car was even in motion was, "and why do we need this?" Later that day I brought the Porsche configurator up on the TV screen and showed her the available colors. When we got to Frozen Blue she says, "that's nice." So maybe 4thPcar's wife is right about calling the color "feminine."

A few days later I told my wife we would be picking up the car around Thanksgiving. She says, "you ordered it?" to which I replied, "yes, in the blue color you liked. I assumed that was what you wanted." The only regret I have is that my 10-year old grandson probably won't forgive me for not ordering the car in Mamba Green.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
All the blues are great IMO with Frozen making the biggest statement. It’s a real head turner. Some of the new 2022 colours do look fabulous though - Rubystar and Mint Green my faves

Porsche Taycan I think I'm going with Frozen... 733AD32C-FE7F-482D-9D33-0EB0750B31B4

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
It’s all subjective. Don’t get hung up by what others say.

I started with FBM, went to go see it, considered all the other colours and ended back up at FBM. I wanted something different that would stand out. I went with Slate Grey; Graphite Blue is amazing too, but I wanted leather.

Driving down the street it turns heads.

Porsche Taycan I think I'm going with Frozen... 56A4D113-F8BF-494E-8F25-A7291B9DF2C8

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My dealer call me as they received their first CT in frozen blue. My is on order but will be grey volcano.
Anyway this is not my color type but the car looks amazing. Even the car is still on transportation mode with extra high suspension the car looks super low. The back is incredible. The front match very well with the back as I was not sure before I ordered the car blindly. It looks like a smashed Macan and this is super sexy.
Now I’m sure I made the right choice to move the the CT.
Anyway I’m attaching a picture which is nothing comparable from the real thing.

Porsche Taycan I think I'm going with Frozen... 4751EFC4-6A74-4D8A-9FB5-486C848E3E01

First Name
Pascal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Am I mad? My lock date is on Monday and these pics I found has tipped me over the edge from Mamba/Carrara to the brave choice of Frozen Blue. I'm assuming though that the "artic blue" they reference in the posts is the same as Frozen Blue?

I'm not totally crazy like this guy and I'm going for the crayon interior instead of the berry/bramble he's picked.

Now to start battle with the delays I guess, delivery is supposed to be end of November.

https://www.instagram.com/taycancrossturismo.arcticblue/
Hey mr Beardo, the crazy guy here. I would appreciate if you delete these photos from this tread since you have no rights to use them. Tx
Sponsored