I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them

dtich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan GTS;'12 Model S(sold); Aprilia; Triumph
Country flag
Question, what is directly behind the grills, from my production photos (dont' have car yet, pant pant) it looks like radiator, but also a bit like air filter? Thx
Sponsored

FlyingPoint

First Name
Cobblestone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, GT3
Country flag
better pictures would be appreciated! curious, how much to ship across the pond...
I bought them two years ago, they did not take very long to arrive. If memory serves me it was about a week. I have no clue about shipping cost as I was quoted an all in price. I think it was about $250, but could be wrong on the price.
Here are some images I just took, unfortunately it is raining.
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4719[5284].JPG
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4718[5286].JPG
Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4717[5288].JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4719[5284].JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4718[5286].JPG

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them IMG_4717[5288].JPG

OP
OP

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Question, what is directly behind the grills, from my production photos (dont' have car yet, pant pant) it looks like radiator, but also a bit like air filter? Thx
What's behind there? I'm grabbing a photo from another thread to do so, but here's a view of the front as delivered from the factory, lightened to show more shadow detail:

Porsche Taycan I tried the Zunsport grills and I like them 1684599518366

You can see the radiator on the right, ducting left, and the horizontal louvers that regulate airflow. The Zunsport grill fits over all of this, but doesn't prevent the louvers from moving. I can imagine something flying up at 80mph and either a) poking a hole in the radiator or b) preventing the louvers from rotating, maybe even damaging the actuator.
In theory adding some mesh reduces the maximum possible airflow a bit, which if I were in an extremely hot region I might worry about. Being in California, I am not at all worried.

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
I was on the fence about this, but all of the chatter here made me think they would sell out, so I just ordered (and thank you @MrBlueSky for the discount code, which was successful).

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Ordered, 192gbp with coupon to NL

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am also like the OP who likes to keep my car stock but all this chatter made me curious.

Has anyone one in California (or USA) ordered through their website and received it? Curious how much it costed them direct from their site instead of Amazon.

After I entered my CA address in the site, it looks like with conversion rate equals roughly $210 after the coupon code (thank you for for that) which is slightly cheaper than Amazon’s $257

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
OP, i hope you getting a commission for all the sales 😜

Wrtflyr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
They are secured with clips that snap behind the black trim opening. It took 10 minutes to install. No drilling, just a screw driver to push the clips. It took longer to put protective masking tape around the opening than installing. I used masking tape because I’m clumsy and anal!

TDinDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, '06 Club Coupe (#48)
Country flag
They are secured with clips that snap behind the black trim opening. It took 10 minutes to install. No drilling, just a screw driver to push the clips. It took longer to put protective masking tape around the opening than installing. I used masking tape because I’m clumsy and anal!
I was going to make a joke about how that sounds dangerous but I thought it would be too painful.

Tighlines

First Name
Klint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 panamera turbo, 2023 taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I’ve had mine on for over a year and they look good and give great protection for the radiators.

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg
I’ve had mine on for over a year and they look good and give great protection for the radiators.

IMG_2822.jpeg

IMG_2820.jpeg
That is the cleanest garage floor I've ever seen.
Is that a rubber mat?