I Went For It… Let Me Know Your Thoughts (Build)

Five8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I just put my deposit down the GTS Sedan and have been in straight build mode on the Porsche Configurator ever since. After much deliberation, I’ve finally settled on a build. Would love your feedback!

HERES THE LINK: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNG9SYP6

Exterior - Cherry Red with ALL black accents. Upon receiving I am going to window tint all around.

Interior - I really enjoy the warmth of the Atacama Beige with the black accents against the Cherry Red.

Performance - Want as nice of a ride as possible

E Mobility - Per my dealership‘s advice I’ve added the 19.2kW on board charger and 150kW/400V DC Charger. (Would love to see your guys thoughts on real life experience with this)

THANKS GUYS!

Porsche Taycan I Went For It… Let Me Know Your Thoughts (Build) ED5DE474-D903-4556-9E66-5C7EFC8102E6

Porsche Taycan I Went For It… Let Me Know Your Thoughts (Build) 9D0982DB-28D2-4BE0-82C4-46AA2B409E57

Porsche Taycan I Went For It… Let Me Know Your Thoughts (Build) 99998B36-40BC-4A96-8FDC-63188DCD1171

Porsche Taycan I Went For It… Let Me Know Your Thoughts (Build) 6119AB87-A300-4DEF-92FD-C532CBA12CC9

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Looks very nice and doesn't look like you left much out :cool: I also ordered the 19.2kW onboard charger and the 150kW/400V DC charger.

The 19.2kW option is only really useful if you install an EVSE that can support that charge rate. I've installed the Porsche Wall Charger Connect. https://shop.porsche.com/us/en/porsche-wall-charger-connect/p/$B-HCHH0LAA/. The 150kW/400V option could be very useful if/when Tesla opens up their charging network.

My build for my 4s should start tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Hi Jordan, very thoughtful build and really amazing color combo.

A couple of notes from me who spent more time on test drives and configurator that I am willing to admit.

18-way vs 14-was seats: I wonder what is your rationale for the 18-way. Love them in Cayenne/Macan but for Taycan to me 14-ways are narrower and appear more practical and fitting into the smaller low slung interior plus having a Massage option for $1,150 extra on top of front Ventilation seats cost sounds like a great value combo.

Tech Package: I went back and forth on this one and decided to just get ACC as I do not see the other 3 options of much use, although in the package they are amazing value for getting 3 additional features for a little over $2K plus InnoDrive becomes much more affordable that I also decided against after researching it in depth and seeing videos of it in use.

Cosmetics: Mirror gloss black touch is a definite option for me as otherwise it is basic plastic. I am not so sure about Alcantara B-pillars that I considered but found them to be odd. I have Alcantara roof lining in the Cayenne Turbo and I tried to imagine B-pillar covered further down and decided against it as it was just odd to me after sitting on the back and front (imagining that is). I like Dark Silver choice in the GTS where typically Atacama is optioned with Neodyme.

Smoking Package: Why not as a filler or storage? It is free and totally removable unlike other models that actually modify interior for smoking in front and back.

E-Mobility: I have read too much about them and decided against both. 19.2kW requires 100Amp dedicated circuit at home (Are you sure you can get one for the price you willing to pay? Do you really need that much faster to charge at night as you sleep?) as otherwise many stated it is useless. 150Kw/400V is also a wishful thinking Tesla will open theirs to us in the future and while inexpensive I am not buying into "future proofing" by getting this option since the future is 800V. Also, I am reading that even if these open up the max will be 50kW already standard. My research showing that $300 Range Manager option is a better value for the frequency of use.

Last edited:

drkgt3rs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT3RS
Country flag
I have the march build allocation. I ordered the variable light pano roof which delays production few months. So I removed that. When is your build?

OP
OP
Five8

Five8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Looks very nice and doesn't look like you left much out :cool: I also ordered the 19.2kW onboard charger and the 150kW/400V DC charger.

The 19.2kW option is only really useful if you install an EVSE that can support that charge rate. I've installed the Porsche Wall Charger Connect. https://shop.porsche.com/us/en/porsche-wall-charger-connect/p/$B-HCHH0LAA/. The 150kW/400V option could be very useful if/when Tesla opens up their charging network.

My build for my 4s should start tomorrow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Do you find the faster speed time with the Wall Charger Connect to be worth it? Or is a full nights charge usually enough? This is my first experience with an EV so not too familiar.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you too man! The anticipation phase is CRAZY!

OP
OP
Five8

Five8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have the march build allocation. I ordered the variable light pano roof which delays production few months. So I removed that. When is your build?
Currently slated to get in early June which was my original date before VCL option was added. Hopefully that doesn’t get delayed

OP
OP
Five8

Five8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hi Jordan, very thoughtful build and really amazing color combo.

A couple of notes from me who spent more time on test drives and configurator that I am willing to admit.

18-way vs 14-was seats: I wonder what is your rationale for the 18-way. Love them in Cayenne/Macan but for Taycan to me 14-ways are narrower and appear more practical and fitting into the smaller low slung interior plus having a Massage option for $1,150 extra on top of front Ventilation seats cost sounds like a great value combo.

Tech Package: I went back and forth on this one and decided to just get ACC as I do not see the other 3 options of much use, although in the package they are amazing value for getting 3 additional features for a little over $2K plus InnoDrive becomes much more affordable that I also decided against after researching it in depth and seeing videos of it in use.

Cosmetics: Mirror gloss black touch is a definite option for me as otherwise it is basic plastic. I am not so sure about Alcantara B-pillars that I considered but found them to be odd. I have Alcantara roof lining in the Cayenne Turbo and I tried to imagine B-pillar covered further down and decided against it as it was just odd to me after sitting on the back and front (imagining that is). I like Dark Silver choice in the GTS where typically Atacama is optioned with Neodyme.

Smoking Package: Why not as a filler or storage? It is free and totally removable unlike other models that actually modify interior for smoking in front and back.

E-Mobility: I have read too much about them and decided against both. 19.2kW requires 100Amp dedicated circuit at home (Are you sure you can get one for the price you willing to pay? Do you really need that much faster to charge at night as you sleep?) as otherwise many stated it is useless. 150Kw/400V is also a wishful thinking Tesla will open theirs to us in the future and while inexpensive I am not buying into "future proofing" by getting this option since the future is 800V. Also, I am reading that even if these open up the max will be 50kW already standard. My research showing that $300 Range Manager option is a better value for the frequency of use.
Thanks for the great response! Definitely have my wheels turning. Looks like I need to hit up my local dealership to do some more hands on research!

Seating
From what I’ve heard and read, the 18 way seats are better suitedfor taller people such as myself. I’m in Phoenix so the ventilated seats are a must, but the massage I feel as though I’d rarely use. I didn’t try to hold back on much but this was one area I thought practically.

Tech Package
I have seen people talking about just going with the ACC, as the Innodrive can be applied afterwards since it’s just software. I will definitely do more research on the usability of it. Outside of ACC It’s really the HUD and passenger display that I want to keep.

Cosmetics
In terms of the Alcantara B pillar. I haven’t seen it in person or sat in a Taycan to imagine, but wanted to keep some of the original feel of the GTS Race Tex interior. I definitely need to get hands on with this option at the dealership. One thing I did see is that Alcantara in this spot helps with scuffs and normal wear and tear that typically shows on original material.

Smoking Package is now added!!

E Mobility
You bring up some really good points. I originally didn’t have it included on the build until being persuaded by my dealership. I haven't owned an EV before so I don’t know the practicality of having the ability for a faster charge. This won’t be my long drive car, but more of my everyday around town vehicle. So I continue to go back and forth on the addition.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Really nice build! I was considering the beige Olea leather for quite some time, and had the opportunity to see it in a few different Taycans before locking in my spec. I ended up going with black leather in the end (wife wanted the black) but I really recommend you having a look at the neodyne accent package if you have the chance. I really am not much for gold, but it looks nothing like in the configurator - much lighter and sober, and it looks absolutely stunning with the leather you have selected.
All the best of luck and may the strength be with you in the waiting process. I’m picking up my car today finally ?

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Do you find the faster speed time with the Wall Charger Connect to be worth it? Or is a full nights charge usually enough? This is my first experience with an EV so not too familiar.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you too man! The anticipation phase is CRAZY!
Don't have anything to charge yet, soon, I hope. I read that it cuts the 5% to 85% charge time down to about 5 hours. Even with a lower rate charger, you should be fine if you can leave it plugged in overnight.

To take full advantage of the 19.2kW option you have in your car, you'll need something like the Porsche Wall Charger to connect that can support that speed. The PWCC seems to be at a good price point especially since it can be adjusted to multiple charge levels/AMPS. For 19.2kW you'll need a 100AMP breaker to support the 80AMP max setting. Getting the wiring, 100AMP breaker, and PWCC install cost me around $2800 plus the cost of the PWCC, $1586 w/o tax.

From reading the forums that's about the only place you'll really use the 19.2kW charger option, at home, if you have an appropriate charger.

OP
OP
Five8

Five8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Really nice build! I was considering the beige Olea leather for quite some time, and had the opportunity to see it in a few different Taycans before locking in my spec. I ended up going with black leather in the end (wife wanted the black) but I really recommend you having a look at the neodyne accent package if you have the chance. I really am not much for gold, but it looks nothing like in the configurator - much lighter and sober, and it looks absolutely stunning with the leather you have selected.
All the best of luck and may the strength be with you in the waiting process. I’m picking up my car today finally ?
Thanks for the input. I will definitely try to see these options in person. Congrats on the big day!!

Annikita

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Don't have anything to charge yet, soon, I hope. I read that it cuts the 5% to 85% charge time down to about 5 hours. Even with a lower rate charger, you should be fine if you can leave it plugged in overnight.

To take full advantage of the 19.2kW option you have in your car, you'll need something like the Porsche Wall Charger to connect that can support that speed. The PWCC seems to be at a good price point especially since it can be adjusted to multiple charge levels/AMPS. For 19.2kW you'll need a 100AMP breaker to support the 80AMP max setting. Getting the wiring, 100AMP breaker, and PWCC install cost me around $2800 plus the cost of the PWCC, $1586 w/o tax.

From reading the forums that's about the only place you'll really use the 19.2kW charger option, at home, if you have an appropriate charger.
I’ve looked for reviews and videos on the wall Connect with no luck. Can you tell me if the charging cord is super stiff? I know it seems minor but I don’t want to fight it to neatly put it away. (Like the stiff water hose that you have to wrap a specific way every time to get it to look neat ?)

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’ve looked for reviews and videos on the wall Connect with no luck. Can you tell me if the charging cord is super stiff? I know it seems minor but I don’t want to fight it to neatly put it away. (Like the stiff water hose that you have to wrap a specific way every time to get it to look neat ?)
I don't really have a frame of reference since it is the only EV charger I have, or even looked at for that matter. The cord is pretty stiff but I don't have any issue removing and then replacing it. I would recommend you don't mount it too high, probably around chest high, to make it easier to remove/replace. It would be challenging to wrap it any way except for the way it is originally wrapped around the panel.

Maybe someone here has experience with both the PWCC and other charging systems.
Sponsored